Spaghetti squash

stephanodda
stephanodda Posts: 38 Member
In a week or two i will have literally dozens of spaghetti squash from my garden to use. Spam me with recipes please! The only one I really know and love is the paleOMG spaghetti pie. I was not anticipating having this much squash….

Replies

• jcuneo189
    jcuneo189 Posts: 4 Member
    I make a bbq chicken "pizza" with it. In short, cook the squash in microwave until tender cut in half and add cooked chicken, bbq sauce, red onions, and mozz cheese then back for 7-8 minutes to crisp and melt cheese. Obviously add or subtract as you like (I like cilantro/herbs after cooking). But all combinations seems to work pretty well considering, so mix and match as you like.
  • dechowj
    dechowj Posts: 148 Member
    Lemon Pesto Spaghetti Squash: Cut squash in half, de-seed, drizzle with oil, add salt and pepper, roast at 350 for about 45 mins. Also chop up 1 head of Cauliflower, oil/salt/pepper, and roast on a separate sheet pan in the oven. Fork out squash into a bowl and stir in cauliflower. Add a jar of pesto sauce and the juice of one lemon. (I like to serve this as a side dish with tilapia)

Spaghetti Squash Taco Bake: I roast a lot of squash ahead of time and freeze some for later use. I take a bag with one full squash worth out of the freezer (squeeze out most of the excess water) and mix with a can of black beans, can of diced tomatoes, 1lb browned ground beef, 1 diced onion, 1 diced green pepper, a packet of taco seasoning and lay all that in a sprayed glass baking dish. Top with cheddar cheese and bake until it starts to bubble.
  • BrankoMK
    BrankoMK Posts: 12 Member
    I just use it for the base layer of whatever meal the family is having. My taco Tuesday meal was built on the spaghetti Squash instead of a tortilla. Not finger food 😂 not tasty!
  • wraithfulredtara
    wraithfulredtara Posts: 5 Member
    I’ve made this before just off the top of my head because of stuff I had on hand and not while dieting but I bet you could make it fairly healthy. I did chicken parm stuffed spaghetti squash. I’m thinking you could even use vegan breaded chicken and just some parm instead of mozzarella and it would be bangin
  • jacq0220
    jacq0220 Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2022
    I just made this and replaced the pasta with the spaghetti squash, and the goat cheese with feta. it was amazing! https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/12047/fire-and-ice-pasta/
  • jacq0220
    jacq0220 Posts: 27 Member
    Buffalo Chicken spaghetti squash is my husbands favorite.
    Roast the spaghetti squash
    mix together one diced chicken breast
    1/2 cup fat free greek yogurt
    2 tbs mild buffalo sauce
    1/2 tsp garlic
    or a tsp of ranch dressing mix.
    mix all together and put inside the squash
    top with goat cheese
    bake in the toaster until the cheese melts.
  • hanzin8or
    hanzin8or Posts: 2 Member
    The only thing I've ever made with spaghetti squash was spaghetti lol. But I like it alot.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    I forget the spaghetti factor and grate or mince it - freezing in 2 cup (recipe size) for use over winter and upcoming spring. It serves as the base for everything from quick breads to soups to mincemeat stretchers. I do the same with courgette/summer squash.
  • jjlbrick
    jjlbrick Posts: 233 Member
    I had many last year. I found many creative uses the one I can find is this. If you want beautiful strands instead of cutting it in half, cut it into round circles maybe an inch or two thick brush a little olive oil on it. Roast 375. For 20 -30 minutes on a foil lined cookie sheet.
    I will keep looking cause I had.recipes my squash hating family liked.
  • Mise_enPlace
    Mise_enPlace Posts: 61 Member
    I made creamy spaghetti squash with shrimp and couldn't get enough. I did sub half and half for the heavy cream.

cooktoria.com/creamy-spaghetti-squash-with-shrimp/#recipe