Separation, heartache & anxiety! 😩

Options
leah_00
leah_00 Posts: 10 Member
Hi everyone. My name is Leah. Like most, I'm here on a journey to lose weight and to find myself through it all. Just like anyone else, there have been hurdles. I’m currently going thru a separation in my marriage and my head has been all over the place. Being on my own after depending on someone for so many years is has been a tough thing to do. I went thru a lot of heartache and thru that relationship, I lost myself and gained 50 lbs and lost so much self esteem and confidence. Now i don’t recognize myself and the man I once loved has become a stranger to me. Crazy how life works. Now, trying to figure out who the heck I really am, and the loneliness is so loud, it hurts! I know its all about taking it one day at a time, but sometimes that doesn’t seem to work and anxiety gets in the way. I’m so thankful that I have MFP and finding individuals that are going through the same thing. All we can do is push through and know that one day we will be in a much better place than today. I know for myself, I will look back and see everything that I have gone thru, and see how much it has challenged me and helped me grow.I can’t wait for that day! Anyways thats my rant for the day. Thanks for reading. If you are going thru anything similar and feel alone, lets talk and be friends because I know its rough. Hang in there!!

Replies

• JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Hey chica, sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch. Just remember to put one foot in front of the other; some days it'll be a slog but forward movement, no matter how slow, is moving forward. you got this!
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    JBanx256 wrote: »
    Hey chica, sorry to hear you are going through a rough patch. Just remember to put one foot in front of the other; some days it'll be a slog but forward movement, no matter how slow, is moving forward. you got this!

This^. We are all rooting for you🙌
  • leah_00
    leah_00 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! One day at a time :)
  • CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,593 Member
    Options
    So sorry that you're going through difficult times 🤗 remember that it doesn't always rain forever. You will find yourself and discover that all of this is happening for a reason. You may not see it right now but I promise you that you will learn something from all of this and come out stronger than ever. Hang in there and keep going. Big hugs. Be kind to yourself.
  • chriseditcool
    chriseditcool Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Leah I am very sorry for what you went through. All I can say it can be hard. My life as it is right now is not easy either so I get it. If you would like to be friends I’m willing. Just know there are people out there. Good people who have your back. 🙂
  • thenewpaul
    thenewpaul Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello Leah. Late to the reply on this. I was just randomly checking out some of the posts and came across yours. My wife and I are separating after 21 years, so I know how you are feeling. This is the perfect time for you to begin your journey of health and fitness. It will give you something to focus on and you will feel so much better about yourself when you see and feel the progress you are making. Feel free to send me a friend request if you want. Happy to chat.