hello fellow bloggers!

Options
This is the first time I've ever written a blog so here goes!
I recently signed upto a gym last week after months and months of putting it off and being in denial that I have gained weight, alot of weight over the past year, and well it really hit me when I got on the scales for the first time in over a year and found that i had put on about 15kgs. I was shocked to say the least.
Last year I was completing my final year of study at high school and I went from being a very very active person who used to play lots of sprt oto a very sedentary person. I started replacing exercise for food and I chose to ignore what I was doing to my body.
So here I am today, hoping not only to loose som weight but respect my body alot more then I have been recently.

Just some advice - I started using My Fitness Pal today, and im not to sure how many calories i should be aiming to consume a day?
I started with 1200 calories but MFP suggests to increase this as ill put my body into starvation mode - but at the same time I dont want to over eat?

I like this app because it makes me think twice before i put food into my mouth. Im a snacker and I snack alot so knowing how many calories something is and looking at the long list of food that Ive consumed in a day really puts me off! Not to mention that its on my phone so instead of having to carry an awkward diary everywhere I go, I can quickly whip out my phone and update :)

One last question:
Any Idea's on how to combat snacking and eating with your eyes?

Thanks for reading
CAL :)

Replies

• Musicgrl4life
    Options
    welcome!

the amt of calories you should be having daily depends on your height and weight. It's saying I should have 1500 a day. i'm 5'6-5'7. I try not to go over 1300. But, occasionally, I go about 10-20 over 1400. I've tried a lot harder not to.

and to avoid snacking, could try to focus your thoughts on something else. Or, you could have a light, healthy snack.

good luck to you!
  • calss37
    Options
    Thankyou!

Im 164cm and weigh 74kg?

Im going for 1200 calories but MFP says I should increase this...by how much?
  • JCPerth
    Options
    Hi there :)
    I've recently started on here as well and I like being able to logon and keep track of all I eat and how much I exercise - the more exercise I do, the more I can eat! :) It makes me try harder to increase the cardio in my day, though I wish the strength training was something I could measure better too.

I think I am aiming for 1200 calories per day, as I want to shift the weight that has been creeping for the last year of so (insidious how that happens!) but I'm also trying to make sure I eat a good amount of protein to help stave off hunger pangs and just generally get better educated about food and nutrition. I can recommend the very good mag - Women's Health - which is fun, fit and accessible, definitely a decent and motivating read.

Good luck on here!