sweets

Options
I have a sweet tooth that does not quit. Anybody have alternative way to get sweets>

Replies

• Courtscan2
    Courtscan2 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    When I feel like sweets I find a fruity herbal tea really helps. Hot, and takes a while to drink, sweet-ish, and by the time I finish it, craving is gone. Added bonus - more liquids intake for hydration, and to help feel full!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I second the tea recommendation. There are dessert teas with a small amount of sugar or sweetener that taste like chocolate, different nuts, vanilla, even apple pie, cookies, shortbread, you name it. Smells divine and helps stave off the desire for some desserts.
  • Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I was told by a nutritional psychologist that a craving goes away after 16 minutes. Hang tight - it will pass. 🤗
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I've heard from several people that eating more fruit reduced their sugary cravings. Worth a shot?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweetners and fruit instead of other things like cookies or candy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    The "eat more fruit" strategy helped reduce my cravings for less nutrient-dense sweets like candy and baked goods. Specifically, I made it a point to eat at least 3 servings of fruit daily for a while, and used some of my limited willpower budget to mostly avoid the candy, etc., for the first few weeks.

After a while, cravings for the calorie-dense, nutrient-poor sweet things were pretty much gone, and some of those foods started tasting too simple, not all that tasty, just over-sweet. I could even be more flexible with fruit servings, and keep that effect. (I do still eat quite a lot of fruit, though . . . because yum.)

I do still eat the occasional candy or baked good, but I'm more selective (many don't seem worth the calories, honestly), and it doesn't feel crave-y or compulsive. It's more like deciding once in a while to have dessert when eating out, or eating a homemade cookie my friend made that looks really good.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Fruit. Especially peaches right now.
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I go with the sugar free gel cups. 6 calories. I know they have 0 nutritional value but they give me a sweet fix.