Stretch marks question

Options
Hello all :) I'm new to fitness pal but i wanted to know if i will lose all my stretch marks after i lose weight? My goal is to lose 30-40 pounds . Let me know how it worked out for you all.

Replies

• karenjoy
    karenjoy Posts: 1,840 Member
    Options
    sorry no, stretch marks don't go, they might fade and be less noticeable if they are new and red, but they are a permanent feature sadly. although i am lucky and have very few, and those are from pregnancy, my kids are all adults and the stretch marks are still there x
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Nope, still there... but they look a LOT better than they did before when they were stretched over all that fat.
  • TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • louisebear
    Options
    my strech marks have faded nicely, have to look very closey to see them :O)
  • Maree_
    Options
    Bio oil is supposed to be excellent for fading stretch marks :-)
  • misskinky
    Options
    Bio oil helps!!!!
  • KellysDiet78
    Options
    Hiya... I would say this is all down to the individual woman .. my mum had 4 children and not a stretch mark on her, I have had 1 child, and my belly looks like I was ripped to shreds by Freddy Kruger ... I used every cream going from expensive to cheap and nothing helped.. it is very sad and I hate looking at my tummy, but all i would say is 'IF" you do get them, then over the years they will fade.. my daughter is 3 now and although they are still there and not pretty they are a damn sight better then they were.. just enjoy your baby, be good with the diet, loads of exercise and what will be will be ... good luck x
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    using organic oils and body butter REALLY REALLY helped me. As a massage therapist im always using oils and butters. I would take some of those oils and butters and rub them on my 2 strch marks on my belly and they ARE going away. fading nicely. they are still there, but using Organic stuff is better
  • jasmineheaven
    Options
    Other than the oils you can always save up for laser surgery :D
  • TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions :)