Hello everyone

Options
My name is Amber and I am here to lose some weight.I want to have more energy
and increase my fitness abilities. I just had a prolapse surgery recently and not allow to exercise for 6 weeks so all I can do for now is working on food intake. I just started tracking my food intake today and I went over 109 calories hopefully won't happen again tomorrow. I am working on 180 g protein intake a day to save my muscles mass that I build prior my surgery. Today I had hard time to fitting all the protein into my daily calorie goal so I have a lot to learn here.I would like to meet people who loves food and enjoy hard work out.

Replies

• capgordon1293
    capgordon1293 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hey there amber wish u well and success in ur journey . We all here if u need support add if u want ☺️ 👍💪 u got this
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Hey Amber, best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Looking at your protein goal - how much do you weigh? There's really no benefit whatsoever in consuming greater than ~1.2 gr/lb of lean body mass (0.8 to 1.2 gr/lb LBM is considered optimal, so obviously 1.2 is the high end of that recommendation).

ESPECIALLY as your body is healing, please don't be too aggressive with your deficit - generally people are recommended to eat at maintenance, or veeeeeeeeeeery small deficit when sick, recovering from injury/surgery, etc, because your body is working plenty hard on repairing, etc.

Regardless, I hope everything goes great for you!
  • amberchen86
    amberchen86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your advice.I didn't know that.One of my friend from the gym told me 180g of protein is what I need to gain muscle and lose body fat.I don't think I need that much now.I ate 2500 calories a day avg so I don't think I cut back at all.I ate too much now since I can't lift weights for 6 weeks I should really cut back n I'm working on it.The first day here I did try to eat what they told me but I had no energy so I try to eat 80% full around 2200 to 2500 now.
  • amberchen86
    Options
    Here they suggest 1500 calories a day just too little for me.
  • MyBodModProject
    MyBodModProject Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Maybe try in the middle of the two, for now? Try around 2,000 calories and see how it goes? You can always change to more or less calories in the future. When I started, MFP suggested 2,500 calories a day and I was gaining weight following that (when I wanted to loose weight).
  • amberchen86
    Options
    Since stemper 7th, I have been eating about 2000 calories a day and walk 10000 steps a day.I don't feel too hungry.I think it does work to eat half way in between.I already lose a tiny bit. I still can't change the calorie setting I don't know why.
  • MyBodModProject
    MyBodModProject Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I am glad you have found something that is beginning to work for you.

I changed my amount of calories by accessing MFP through an internet browser on a computer. I clicked on My Home then Goals then clicked the Edit button on Daily Nutrition Goals then I simply changed the number in the box on the Calories line and saved the changes; I typed in the number I wanted. I did not make any other changes to any of the items listed on the page.

I have no idea how to do this on the app on a smart phone.
  • amberchen86
    Options
    We are all here to support each other.We should also need to be safe here.I had only been here for 9 days and there are hackers and scammers asking for my facebook and social security numbers,birthday, address..I just want to say watch out for those people and stay safe. I am here to make friends who are truly want to be healthy. I don't have much knowledge on fitness and hope to learn more from people who are more experienced.I would like to have more friends who check in everyday and help each other.