How to up the protein

Options
Hiya guys,

I have reset my macros to 30% fat and carbs and 40% protein. Does anyone have any good ideas on how I can up my protein?

I do not eat meat but I eat fish.

All ideas welcome (unless you are telling me to eat meat!)

Thanks

Replies

• amy2249
    Options
    Hi, I have starting increasing my protein using a protein shake that I purchased from a health shop..... that is the easiest way I have found so far.
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    A great way to get protein is eating Nuts, find a kind that you really enjoy and up it from there. Also milk has a good amount of protein as well. I don't recommend shakes as the protein is synthesized and our body's have a little harder time digesting it.
  • Emagali74
    Emagali74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes, eggs and larger portions of fish, prawns, canned tuna in spring water-also look for greek yogurt with high protein.
  • talysshade
    talysshade Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Are you already eating the tilapia fish? Very low calory, very low fat but high in protein. I think it's very delicious, too. Other than that, as said before, nuts are a good source and so are eggs of course, just the egg whites.
  • surfinbernard
    Options
    Beans- a veggie chili made with 3 different beans and TVP is high in protein, a chickpea curry, muttar paneer, hummus...

Quorn- low in calories, cheap and high protein.

Eggs if you eat them- low in calories, quick to cook and high protein.
  • shadowfx
    Options
    I use soymilk in my protein shakes at breakfast, gives me a good boost to start my day. Peas I've found to have the highest protein content in vegetables, but there are probably lots of others. I pretty much add frozen peas to everything, for colour, flavour and protein they're had to beat. Eggs are great but go easy on the yolks, the whites actually have a higher protein content without the fat, and will be much kinder on your cholesterol levels. You could check out this website i found too: http://www.highproteinfoods.net/ hope this helps - I'm no expert but have been learning about this stuff for my own benefit for a few years now.
  • Goonygugu
    Options
    Eggs are a great source of protein.

Nuts are good as well but can be high in fat content - so be wary of them.

Beans/Legumes are aslso good vegetabel source - just watch their carb content though
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, these are all really useful.

Not keen on protein shakes but defo gonna try and have more quorn, fish (esp tilapia - I love it!).

I didn't realise that about peas - I love them!

Thank you all :)
  • Rozzymoo
    Options
    I am vegetarian so use quorn and tofu in meals. I also keep packets of Beanfeast (available in the UK) in the cupboard for quick, tasty meals that boost my protein intake.