So I've decided that 30 minutes a day is more realistic than

Options
Just a thought. I think 30 minutes a day of exercise will be much more realistic for me than 45 being that I get up at 5:30am. Any agree?

Replies

• Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    30 minutes is fine in my books, I think as long as you go longer than twenty it's all good. A lot of people break up their exercise time, say 30 morning and 30 evening to burn extra calories.
  • welshie007
    Options
    Some is better than none x
  • Kryscave
    Kryscave Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    As a Mum I do 30 minutes each day. Makes sense!
  • Janny2712
    Options
    Totally agree, I set mine at 60 mins per day, then realised how unrealistic it is for me. I have changed it to 30, which I can achieve, and hope to build on that. Good luck:)
  • PeeTeePee
    PeeTeePee Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I guess it depends on what the exercise is?
  • JulsDiane
    JulsDiane Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    The recommended cardio schedule for fitness is 30 minutes 5 times a week but if i know i will be short a day i do 45 a couple of days to make up for it. However you can do it in 15 minute increments and still get the same cardio benefits so do whatever works for you and your schedule!

Good luck!:happy:
  • HanneK
    HanneK Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    30 min is recommended by the Norwegain government, hehe. Anything more is a bouns I guess :) Of course it depends on the exercise.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Have you tried interval training or HIIT training?
  • penmosha
    penmosha Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    i tend to get as much as I can in over the whole day. So long as there are some good 30/45 mins sessions sometime in the week, then so what if I have a 15 min walk at lunch or do 10 mins of stretches in the morning and evening. it ALL counts! Can be difficult logging, but as long as the weight is going down, so what. If you spread your excercise over the day you may find that you will do more than trying to fit it into a schedule. I find that I get more variety that way and this time round, it seems to be working for me. :happy:
  • ringmaster389
    Options
    Depends on how intense your workout is/how long your rest periods are. Depending on what you do, 15-20 minutes can be enough
  • maemiller
    maemiller Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    im pressed for time on my lunch break, so i try to make sure that i make my workouts as intense as possible. Work multiple muscle groups if your doing any XT/circuit training and keep your heart rate up to 80% so you can see the best results. If you dont have a hrm, i suggest you get one so you can keep track of your caloric burn