Walking and calories burned..

Options
How many calories would a 160lb person burn if walking at a speed of 3.5miles per hour for 60 minutes?:huh:

Replies

• gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Just click Exercise, search walking moderate pace and it'll tell you.

Mine is 302 calories for 60 minutes at 202lb so a fair bit away from yours, if you ain't at that weight yet i'm sure someone will be close to your weight who can tell you
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Just tweak your MFP weight and age settings temporaril, then enter the activity in cardio to find out. You can reverse all of that afterwards
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi there! You can log cardiovascular on here too...go to my diary, add - cardiovascular and type in walking - all different speeds, etc come up. It does depend on one's weight, etc so for example I weigh 153 and for 60 min at 3.5 mph it tells me I'll burn 263 calories, so it'll be somewhere around there - possibly a little more. *I always go on line to try and confirm cardio if it looks way off but walking seems to make sense. i.e. vigorous cleaning (house) is not accurate - says you burn way too much.. hehe Good luck, hope you find it!
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    If you want a rough estimate, I work on about 5 cals a minute, so I'd say 300 cals.
  • songofserenity81
    songofserenity81 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    A good HRM will help, as I walk alot and find the site usually underestimates what I burn on one of my walks
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If you go to the exercise database, you can put in whatever weight you want, and work it out from there.
  • emtess123
    Options
    i weigh 179 lbs and it tells me 309 cals for 60 minutes walking 3.5 mph

Another question on this note... is 3.5 mph about the average speed walking? i say i walk fairly briskly, as in i get a bit out of breath and my heart rate goes right up but i have no clue on speeds or anything!
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I would say the average walking speed is 3mph. If you walk a bit more briskly the 3.5mph :)