Where you at.... What's your favorite time of the year and holiday

Options
supermang49
supermang49 Posts: 24 Member
p3qxrwjm7j68.jpg
Southern boy from Georgia... Fall is my favorite season and the day before Thanksgiving till the day after Christmas is my favorite holiday LOL...
That's me my mom and my brother. (WDD) Willpower Dedication Determination

Replies

• CoffeeNstilettos
    CoffeeNstilettos Posts: 2,594 Member
    Options
    February 15th when all the chocolates are 50% off.

My favorite time of year is also Fall 😊
  • _Dan1985
    _Dan1985 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    February 15th when all the chocolates are 50% off.

My favorite time of year is also Fall 😊

Another vote for fall for favourite season.

But my favourite holiday is Christmas. We have an agreement in our house that I'm not allowed to put the tree up until after Remembrance Day because otherwise I'm like Linda Belcher, I'd put it up immediately after Halloween.

iuspk31nusxv.gif

Christmas tree in Sainsburys already up in October, for or against?
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options
    Summertime all day erryday - I’m a firm believer Christmas should be on July 4th as it would be way better. I otherwise bah humbug that chit. But understand to some it’s the most wonderful time of year just for me it is not -
  • TwitchyMagee
    TwitchyMagee Posts: 4,579 Member
    Options
    cowsfan12 wrote: »
    Summertime all day erryday - I’m a firm believer Christmas should be on July 4th as it would be way better. I otherwise bah humbug that chit. But understand to some it’s the most wonderful time of year just for me it is not -
    Samesies
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

What if we don't celebrate July 4th? Then when should Christmas be

Flag day

😂
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,042 Member
    Options

What if we don't celebrate July 4th? Then when should Christmas be

Pick any sunny summer July day - I just thru out a day
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Whose *kitten* is your mom about to kick cuz I'm getting that vibe. :)

Spring is probably my favorite season even if it does bring out the allergies and Christmas for favorite holiday. I just like all the pretty lights and decorations but always been bad for Thanksgiving because it doesn't get much love in the stores since they tend to go straight from Halloween to Christmas.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Samesies

One more.
  • vanityy99
    vanityy99 Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Summer...
    Winter is too brutal here. And the other seasons are just too gloomy and chilly for me. Pools and beaches all day.
  • Darthloops12
    Darthloops12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    San Diego girl here!!! Fall for sure!!! October -December including Christmas and New Years are just the most exciting months!!!
  • Troopadour
    Troopadour Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Texas - Fall - Thanksgiving watching the Cowboys with a group of fanatics eating the most amazing food and deserts!!!!
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,216 Member
    Options
    Canada....fall cause you get that chill in the air and flurries and it's perfect apple picking season... Christmas cause it's magical
  • amberchen86
    amberchen86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I love fall, sunshine at west coast everyday just about. Not too hot not too cold just perfect. I love Christmas the best because Christmas trees always looks magical to me.
  • Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Groundhog Day
    do-you-ever-have-deja-vu-deja-vu.gif

Favorite time is December 21st, because the days grow longer and nights grow shorter. Sigh and alas, it does bring us that much closer to the longest day of the year which makes me sad.... because waning daylight follows.
  • OnlyPans
    OnlyPans Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Groundhog Day
    do-you-ever-have-deja-vu-deja-vu.gif

Favorite time is December 21st, because the days grow longer and nights grow shorter. Sigh and alas, it does bring us that much closer to the longest day of the year which makes me sad.... because waning daylight follows.

Exactly. How is this not the default answer?

• R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    My favorite time of year is when 71° is in the forecast. I also have a thing for different color leafs and the day after Thanksgiving. Left over turkey makes for an excellent turkey sammich.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options

Kindred spirit. All summer, all the time.

Fav holiday? If you forced me to say, I guess Christmas. But without the presents.
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Fav holiday? If you forced me to say, I guess Christmas. But without the presents.
    That’s why I prefer Thanksgiving. All the nice, all the food, none of the gift giving
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,031 Member
    Options

That’s why I prefer Thanksgiving. All the nice, all the food, none of the gift giving

I do like the coziness of the season and simple Christmas decor. I just HATE the stress of buying to buy. I love giving things if I know it’s truly something someone wants or needs. Otherwise it’s stressful to me. Blah.

(Also….Turkey? I think people around me are making it all wrong. And myself too. Do you all really love Turkey?)
  • TwitchyMagee
    Options

I do like the coziness of the season and simple Christmas decor. I just HATE the stress of buying to buy. I love giving things if I know it’s truly something someone wants or needs. Otherwise it’s stressful to me. Blah.

(Also….Turkey? I think people around me are making it all wrong. And myself too. Do you all really love Turkey?)
    I feel the same about the gifts. I love giving and receiving gifts for no reason

I think people overcook it. Plus it’s very easy to overcook it when it’s such a big bird. Plus plus the dark meat takes longer than the white meat which makes it difficult to cook