Realistic?

I just set myself some new mini goals as I think only having my main goal was demotivating me as it's so huge!

Just wanted some opinions, do you think they're realistic? Based approximately on 1.5lb per week loss from now until Xmas (as I'm very overweight and therefore I think, if I stick to my cals, 1.5lb a week is doable) and then 1lb per week -ish after that.

Goals are in my signature, what do you think? Should be manageable right?

Seems a bit scary to actually see them written down like that, but each one is more manageable than just the huge final one.

Replies

• your goals are very much achieveable and you can do this well done on your 16lb loss so far thats amazing feel free to add me for support if you like x
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    It does sound achievable - best of luck to you! :flowerforyou:
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    They appear to be very doable to me - and Congratulations on your weightloss to date! Keep up the great work!
  • I heard somewhere that 1 pound a week is realistic.
  • lucky01day
    lucky01day Posts: 21 Member
    VERY doable! just stick with it, if you really want it you can def do it! I plan to hit my final goal by Christmas (it's 13 weeks from now and I need to lose 2.9 lbs every week...) considering that when I don't really bust butt on exercise or anything I fluctuate about 2 lbs weekly, I know I can do it or at least come REALLY close as long as I stay motivated! :) Good luck!
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    Thanks all, I think it's just that 126 seems like such a scary number when looking at it from 190 :laugh: . Although I suppose I should look at it that 190 is a scarier number really :embarassed:
  • Derv
    Derv Posts: 84 Member
    You can SO do it! You should add to those goals what your (non-food of course!) reward will be when you achieve each milestone.
    My friend did ww and awarded her €10 for every pound she lost, when she got to goal she had a wodge of money to spend on a new wardrobe - wish I had that kind of cash!
  • Geordie_Girl
    Geordie_Girl Posts: 175 Member
    You can SO do it! You should add to those goals what your (non-food of course!) reward will be when you achieve each milestone.
    My friend did ww and awarded her €10 for every pound she lost, when she got to goal she had a wodge of money to spend on a new wardrobe - wish I had that kind of cash!

LOL Derv, I was going to add more text, but MFP told me I waas naughty and was only allowed 500 characters :embarassed:

ETA: €10 per lb! Wow! I'd like to hear DH's response to that! LOL. Might put away €2 per lb, that's more doable :laugh: I'd get myself one outfit anyway.