App Updates

Options
AndyW_87
AndyW_87 Posts: 1 Member
Anyone else struggling with the app updates- please return the '+' button where ever you are- it's way too much hassle having to go to the diary and scroll down to add a water entry!

Answers

• doyleeee
    doyleeee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    100% agree the new update is awful, im tempted to find some other app to use instead now
  • MagpieFlame
    MagpieFlame Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm with you, the app is actively so bad now, it's impeding my ability to log calories, which I know is going to result in me going off-goals, because I'll just not feel like messing with the app. It's really annoying and frustrating. Do you think they made it deliberately worse so that more people will get the paid version (in hopes that it's not as terrible)?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,838 Member
    Options
    FWIW: Premium MFP has the same new dashboard, as far as I can tell as a premium user, except for some truly small tweaks in details that are related to specific features that are only in premium.
  • owholmes3
    owholmes3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fitbit integration is terrible! I’m sick of constantly screwing with this process of disconnecting and reconnecting my Fitbit to TRY and get my steps logged.

It used to work properly a couple of years ago and was the reason I upgraded to Premium. I’ll be canceling my renewal in August.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,603 Member
    Options
    I've been waiting for things to improve, and maybe they will. Seems to me this release came before it was tested adequately. The kind folks who manage the forums say it was tested extensively, but not all bugs reveal themselves until the big release. That may be true, but wow. Just wow.

My phone got the update a week or two before my table. When my tablet got the new version pushed out, it wasn't any better. There's several things I still can't find on the phone app. And all the things that people wanted them to add to a new version? Not there.

Since I'm no longer a Premium member, at least I know I'm getting what I pay for. I would not be happy if I was paying six bits a day for this update.
  • priscillaho
    priscillaho Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Dislike the latest update. I do not like that the food diary page does not show “totals” at bottom of page—you must scroll back to the dashboard. Is there was way to revert to the previous version?????
    I am a premium user so I’m not sure what it looks like on non-premium memberships…..but this is for the birds 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    Dislike the latest update. I do not like that the food diary page does not show “totals” at bottom of page—you must scroll back to the dashboard. Is there was way to revert to the previous version?????
    I am a premium user so I’m not sure what it looks like on non-premium memberships…..but this is for the birds 👎🏻👎🏻👎🏻

The only difference for regular non-premium members is that in addition to all the lag time and other awfulness of the update on the apps, you get to get advertisements, too.

Oh, and also the dashboard becomes even more useless because for much of the information it wants to display, it says something along the lines of, "You have to get your donkey on premium to see this content."

I bet a bagel they COULD un-do the update. They won't. They will add more features.
  • ValerieJaeigh
    ValerieJaeigh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stopped using MFP, for the first time in years, last fall because I was pregnant. Opened up the app a couple days ago to start working on loosing the baby weight and was very disappointed with the updated interface. I miss the plus button! It was so helpful! Especially when I was working out and wanted to quickly add in exercise. Also, adding food into the diary is such a clunky experience now. After I click the check mark in the top right to add a food nothing visibly happens to let me know that food has been added to my diary; I have to go back to my diary hoping the food I just logged is there. REALLY wish I could revert to the older version of MFP. I have been using MFP since 2008 and it used to be extremely helpful… now, I’m going to start looking for a new app.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I've had to go back to logging most of my food through the web interface. The dashboard is never up-to-date and when I do add food to my diary, it's a crap shoot on which day it will be added. I was trying to add a snack of 30 grams of pistachios the other night. They ended up logged 16 times on August 26th. Also, sometimes when I edit an entry it just disappears from my diary altogether. Or maybe it goes to a different day. Who knows? I just know I can't really trust my food logs on the app anymore.
  • JeffreyWBush
    JeffreyWBush Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think what's especially frustrating is that they updated the app, but not the training material. All of the videos still show the old interface.
  • mtaratoot
    Options
    I think what's especially frustrating is that they updated the app, but not the training material. All of the videos still show the old interface.

That's a great observation and another sign that the new owners of MFP don't care about their product as much as they care about extracting money out of members and advertisers. So sad.
This discussion has been closed.