Faster results

Options
I have lost just 4kg in 6 months.... I NEED FASTER RESULTS!!

x

Replies

• scrapgun
    Options
    me too... :(
  • russelljclarke
    russelljclarke Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people here would bite your hand off if you offered them 4kg in 6 months!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Can't see either food diary. Can't make suggestions without seeing your food logs. Food is 70-80% of your results not the workouts.
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    Im very sporadic in when I record what I eat.... :/
    I havent gone over 1200 calories since June but I still seem to have stubborn fat around my thighs and tummy....
    Argh! x
  • starwhisperer
    Options
    How tall are you? 98 pounds is pretty low unless you are very short. It will be slow going getting down to a weight like that.
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    Im teeny at 5"1 (: x
  • PhilipHall
    PhilipHall Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Try sprints!
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    I havent gone over 1200 calories since June but I still seem to have stubborn fat around my thighs and tummy....
    Argh! x
    But how much under the 1200 are you? Could be that you've slowed or plateaued as you're not eating enough. Are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, your net daily cals could be dangerously low, exacerbating the situation.
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    Argh! x
    But how much under the 1200 are you? Could be that you've slowed or plateaued as you're not eating enough. Are you eating back your exercise calories? If not, your net daily cals could be dangerously low, exacerbating the situation.
    It really varies, most days I either eat 1000-1200 with no workout, or I'll eat about 1500-1600 with a big workout to compensate the energy.
    Its annoying as Ive almost cut out all junk food and chocolate, I'll maybe indulge once a week with a candy bar.. But I still dont seem to be losing weight.
    Ive been stuck at 33" hips for months as well...
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    get religious about recording everything you eat, also don't overestimate calories burnt during workout. This site is a great tool but it isn't an exact science.
    Be patient, as long as you aren't putting weight on you'll get there.
    Keep up the good work
    If your not, try a bit of weight training also.
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    get religious about recording everything you eat, also don't overestimate calories burnt during workout. This site is a great tool but it isn't an exact science.
    Keep up the good work
    Thanks, but will weight training not make me bulk up?
    I am short so would MUCH rather tone than build muscle (: x
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Argh! x
    It really varies, most days I either eat 1000-1200 with no workout, or I'll eat about 1500-1600 with a big workout to compensate the energy.
    Its annoying as Ive almost cut out all junk food and chocolate, I'll maybe indulge once a week with a candy bar.. But I still dont seem to be losing weight.
    Ive been stuck at 33" hips for months as well...
    If MFP has put you at 1200, you should really be making the effort to eat that much on days you don't workout. For days you do, I've found (see my blog, link below) that eating back *half* my exercise calories in addition does the trick for me.
  • russelljclarke
    Options
    Keep up the good work
    Thanks, but will weight training not make me bulk up?
    I am short so would MUCH rather tone than build muscle (: x
    If you do more reps, less weight you'll tone. Less reps more weight is for bulk.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Since you are short, it's very hard to create a large calorie deficit. (I'm not even 5 feet, so I understand!) Be sure to log everything you eat since you may actually be consuming more if you're not logging religiously. For shorter people like us, even an extra 100 calories can make a huge difference since it is so hard to create a calorie deficit.
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    Since you are short, it's very hard to create a large calorie deficit. (I'm not even 5 feet, so I understand!) Be sure to log everything you eat since you may actually be consuming more if you're not logging religiously. For shorter people like us, even an extra 100 calories can make a huge difference since it is so hard to create a calorie deficit.
    I feel quite bad about recording everything I eat as I have such a poor diet tbh... Somedays I just don't eat anything and that looks really bad :/ x
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I feel quite bad about recording everything I eat as I have such a poor diet tbh... Somedays I just don't eat anything and that looks really bad :/ x

That's probably a big part of why you aren't losing.

I am tall-ish (5'9") and I currently eat over 1600 calories on non-workout days. My weight loss has been slow, but it has been faster since:

a. logging religiously
    b. choosing more healthy foods over unhealthy processed foods
    c. eating more (counter-intuitive, I know)
    d. exercising regularly.

You have to eat every day. You have to net at least 1200 calories every day. That number is the minimum number at which you can achieve a health, balanced diet.

I have lost a total of 95.6 pounds (40 since starting MFP). It has taken me 4 years, 1 month, and 16 days to get here from my highest weight ever. Weight loss can be slow and difficult, but if you log your food, eat enough healthy foods, and get some exercise, I guarantee you will lose the weight! Good luck!
  • kaleigh91
    Options
    Thanks (: :smile:
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

As has already been stated, you have to log everything! (Whether or not you "need" 1200 calories a day at your height, I won't even get into...I'm just over an inch shorter than you and that's too many calories for me to lose weight...I usually net around 1000.) If your food diary looks bad to you, then all the more reason to log everything (even when you don't eat). Make it private so that only you can see it, but be sure that you do see it! Otherwise your habits won't change and you won't be able to take off the weight!
  • Bobbejo
    Options
    Make sure you eat enough protein. You should eat as many grams of protein as pounds you weigh. Example, 100 lbs is 100 grams. Most people eat too many carbs and not enough protein. Also, lifting like a man - heavy weighs will not make you bulk unless you take suppliments and eat a ton of calories. Trust me!
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    [I feel quite bad about recording everything I eat as I have such a poor diet tbh... Somedays I just don't eat anything and that looks really bad :/ x

You just answered your own question. Clean up your diet.

You should also be doing resistance then HIIT cardio. You're a girl...girls can't bulk up. You don't have the Testosterone which is required to build big muscle. You'll build lean muscle and muscle burns fat.