Activity level

Options
Purplestuff102
Purplestuff102 Posts: 35 Member
I have mostly always used sedentary as a activity level and the in five weeks thing was never consistently saying weight is going to go down. I used food scale intermittently. But I was always going over my calories by like 500 or 800 daily. I looked up tdee calulator I work out like 5 days a week. I have a desk job. I’m just going to try to switch it up this week . So far it has been saying I should be down like 12 pounds in five weeks I have never seen it do that so consistently so I’m going to keep it at active and see how it goes. Because I have been using this app like two years and never losing weight it would go up a few pounds then down a few . Any tips

Answers

• TicTacToo
    TicTacToo Posts: 76 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    If the calories you eat are less than the calories you burn, you'll lose weight.

So if you want to lose weight, you can either keep your exercise levels the same and eat less calories, or you can keep your eating habits the same and burn more calories, or for an even greater effect, you can do both (eat less and exercise more).

For MFP's predictions to be accurate you need to do in real life what you have input online. So if you are telling MFP that you are very active, you need to actually *be* very active for the prediction to have a chance of coming true.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Why do you think your results will change if you arent actually changing how much you eat or how much you exercise?

Do you understand the different way in which TDEE calculators and MyFitnessPal account for purposeful exercise?

Main tip would be to adjust your calorie balance based on your actual weight trend over time.
    If you have been effectively maintaining weight for two years you need to eat less.
This discussion has been closed.