Everybody please send good luck right now

Options
Two hikers are stranded on Baring Mountain, surrounded by wildfire. Snoho HRT sent a bird for them because there's no other way off the mountain, it couldn't fly due to turbulence from the fires. There are two more en route now to bring these hikers home. This has to work, there's no other way.

Screenshot-20220910-130511-Chrome.jpg

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Conflicting reports. Armed forces (?) sent two more birds, one is headed to Seattle. Not clear whether it has two hikers.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    I hope they can be rescued safely. <3
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Any updates? @NorthCascades
  • PKM0515
    edited September 2022
    Options
    I'm not sure how accurate this is, but it *looks* like they are okay. Hope it's true!

twitter.com/BCWildfireHelp/status/1568811695312863232

twitter.com/BCWildfireHelp

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,900 Member
    Options
    My OH's nephew used to work in Search & Rescue in Oregon. Such a needed job!
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    Any updates? @NorthCascades

Sorry to leave everybody hanging, we had a really nice summer and are paying it off this weekend. There were a lot of rescues and it was hard to find info on this one in particular until late. Most of what I was able to find was about another helicopter rescue 10 miles away, also of stranded people who were cut off by a fire conflagration that was a lot more dangerous and fast moving than most people expected.

The hikers from Baring Mountain were rescued and are safe. 👍
  • PKM0515
    Options
    @NorthCascades, thank you for posting the update and, especially, the video.
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    d-DBXVi-Kcs-Rfa-XNww-V3-Gjcl-Pl-Lwdip632p-Qm-uf-Cpd-Y0.jpg
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    It is the northern large fire in this satellite image.

Satellite-photo-Bolt-Cree-and-Cedar-Creek-fires-Sept.-10-2022.-Pierre-Markuse-scaled.jpg
  • Carriehelene
    Carriehelene Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I need a “scary as *kitten*” button, since none of the others really seem appropriate 😱