Zumba, anyone?

Options
I went to my first Zumba class today and I was wondering how to log it. It was loads of fun!

Replies

• krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    www.zumbacalories.com :) This site is great and fairly accurate for the people I know with HRMs and have compared.
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    http://www.zumbacalories.com/

if you don't have an HRM
  • lanicota
    Options
    I love Zumba! I have done it 3x. Plan on doing it once a week.. it's a great workout. Curious to know how to add it too!
  • rosboss
    Options
    What was it like? I want to take a class, but am nervous since I'm still quite overweight and haven't exercised a lot.
  • PamelaMichelle82
    Options
    I usually wear a calorie counter during my classes and I have noticed that i Usually burn between 650 to 750 calories... I log it under circuit training because its the only thing that compairs in calorie burn... Hope this helps
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Get yourself a good HRM with a chest strap so you know how many calories you're burning.
    Then just add it as an exercise and put in the number.

If you don't have a good hrm and you're using that website, I would choose "low" iuntensity and subract 50-100 calories from that...no matter how hard you think you work, that site seems to be quite a bit overestimated.
  • eudemonia
    eudemonia Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    it's really fun! i tried for the first time today =D. i think the intensity depends on the instructor. the instructor blasts music and does a series a moves to go along with the beat. you don't have to know the steps, the point is to move and have fun!!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    What was it like? I want to take a class, but am nervous since I'm still quite overweight and haven't exercised a lot.

Don't be.. you'd be suprised at the variety of peole who do this... there are a lots of heavy people in my class.
    AT my gym, we do zumba with the lights off so no one care what you look like!
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    it really was fun...women of all shapes and sizes, even a chick bigger than me. You just gotta be brave and step out and just do it!
  • roseheart79
    roseheart79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I went to my first Zumba class Monday 9/19/11 and I LOVED it! I still feel so exhilerated from it. I go to my second tonight. I am going to do it twice a week for now on. I am addicted! I use zumbacalories.com to calculate my workout experience.

My best friend came with me and she is in the process of losing weight and getting into working out, and she had anxiety over going to a class, but she loved it too. Women of all shapes and sizes and coordinations, lol

Def try it
  • connell1981
    Options
    Kudos to all the folks trying Zumba for the first time! WOOHOO!!!!!

(I am a licensed instructor)