Protein powder help.

Options
I purchased some soya protein powder today but I need some advice. How much liquid should I mix with a 20g amount? Also it says to mix it with juice or low fat milk? Does anyone have any advice on which is best?

Thanks

Replies

• stephwilli80
    Options
    8 oz is the typical serving for the liquid. Try Almond Milk...you really cant tell the difference.
  • Mguilmot
    Mguilmot Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm using protein powders for 3 months already. It depends which taste you have. The tastes that you would usually asociate with milkshakes (vanilla, strawberry, chocolate,banana) are better with milk in my opinion. My ratio is: 30grams with 200ml of milk / 45grams with 300ml of milk.
  • 15off
    15off Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you want a slightly thicker mix, use milk, otherwise juice (which will also make it sweeter) . If you have a blender, you can add frozen berries or a banana and make a shake/smoothie out of it. Its trial and error..you have to try different things and find out what works best for you. Good luck and enjoy :)
  • Teliooo
    Teliooo Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much guys. I thought about mixing it with oat milk but i think I will try it with the goat's milk that I drink. Didn't think about adding fruit. lovely x