Any way to count all my work?

Options
I’m new today and stuck logging in my ‘exercises’. I swept my deck, sidewalk and whole roof - took about an hour, then I mowed my lawn - another hour+. Any tips on how to grab all those calories so I look like a fitness hero?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Just set an appropriate average activity level in your goal set up.

e.g. When I retired from a desk job and had more time and opportunity to do all the things you mention I changed my activity level up a level to compensate for my increased calorie burns from being more active.
  • gewel321
    gewel321 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    They have mowed lawn and housework as exercise. I always feel I burn more calories than they give me after mowing the yard in the summer sun but I would rather underestimate than overestimate
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,394 Member
    Options
    The thing is though: how much you sweat or how warm it is has not really any bearing on calorie burn. If you use an electronic mower then the calorie burn is probably fairly low. Yeah, every bit ads up, but often it's probably less than you think it is.
  • DoubleG2
    DoubleG2 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    You can find most regular household chores under the Cardio section of the exercise diary. I would not place much credence on the accuracy of the calorie burn. That said, you're better off focusing on tracking and logging your food as accurately as possible if weight loss is your primary goal.