Gratitude

Options
Zeromilediet
Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
From Whole Living Daily:

"Today is World Gratitude Day. To get in the mood, take three min­utes to free assocciate and write down all the things—big and small—that you're grateful for. While you might immediately think about your family, your friends, and your health, challenge your self to go deeper, to get more specific. Maybe you're thankful that you got to the bus stop just as the bus arrived, or grateful that you got the last chocolate chip cookie at the bakery. It could just be that you're happy to be wearing your favorite shoes. The more detailed you get, the more your sense of gratitude will unfold. You don't have to be having the best year ever to cultivate gratitude."

I'll another suggestion: take a moment each week to send a short thank you note to someone in your life who has helped you even in a small way ... even if it was years ago. You'll be amazed how much of a difference it makes in your life and how being thanked affects others.

Replies

• NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I'm grateful that I got a job, my kiddo got a job, I sold some property - at a gain!, I have the most wonderful teenager ever! I'm grateful to MFP and all the friend's I've met here, and that my heath is 80% improved, that I can walk without feeling embarrassed, that I don't crave sweets and naughty food anymore....... and the list goes on!!!