Lunch Ideas

Options
Hello All, I was wondering if anyone can give me some good low calorie ideas for lunch. I work in an office so I have to pack everyday and for some reason I am stuck.

Any Ideas?

Thanks everyone!!!!

Replies

• SunShineBeastess
    SunShineBeastess Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    When I am organized and plan for the week.....LOL....I grill like 4 chicken breast on Sunday and then take them to work. Some days I eat them on a salad other days make a wrap. I also have been making a couple eqq white omlets with veggies and turkey meat and package them seperate and eat them for lunch for something different.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    a favorite of my recently is tuna or chicken salad.. I use chopped veggies to scoop it out instead of bread :)
  • plshelp
    Options
    I know this sounds rather corny, but I love alfalfa sprout sandwiches. I put them in a bagel (regular or lowfat) and add a touch of ranch dressing. Depending on how you make them, they're low in calories.
    What I've been doing lately is just making a turkey sandwich on Village Hearth lite bread and having a big pc of fruit or something to go with.
    My problem is that I like milk with my meals and it eats up so many of my calories!
  • lbeasey
    lbeasey Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am a teacher....I usually pack a salad everyday with a variety of toppings: peppers, olives, broccoli, cauliflower, sunflower seeds, feta cheese, corn salsa et. al. I always pack a protein for the top: chicken, turkey, hard boiled eggs. The days I am not in a salad mood then I pack leftover dinner or sandwich roll-up. I am into benedictine spread on ham with a pickle spear as a roll-up!
    Cottage cheese and fruit is another great lunch.
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I love hummus and laughing cow cheese sandwiches. I usually pack it with some yogurt or a handfull of grapes. Pretty tasty and you can mix and match types of hummus with different types of cheeses.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorites

fat free cream cheese stuffed in celery
    raw califlower with salsa for dip
    barbecued chicken -high in protein and better than a sandwich
    lowfat/lowsalt crackers and hummus
    pickles
    pita pockets with tuna is my favorite...no need for mayo as I add salsa mixed with Fat Free cream cheese
    plain tuna and crackers
    cold salmon burger

Lunches are challenging. I try to spend my lunch time walking and eat light on my breaks.
  • ckspores
    Options
    If I have leftovers, that is usually the first thing I'll pack. If there are no leftovers, lunch ends up being whatever I can pull together from the fridge and I always try to get in one fruit and one veggie.

Sometimes on the weekends I'll make a big pot of rice (or other grain) and mix it with beans throughout the week either alone or in a wrap. That works well too and keeps all week long in the fridge.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I might suggest a tasty salad, maybe some bacon bits or grilled chicken on it. *I like the chicken cause its more filling* with a Nature Valley granola bar or yogurt! I eat the granola bars and yogurt all the time!

Another food I've quickly made for lunch are pita pockets. If you pre-grill veggies (onion, peppers, tomatos) and meat (again, I used chicken) and keep it in a storage container, its easy to stuff it into a pocket and even add a bit of sauce or keep a baggie of shredded lettuce!
  • shanny5535
    Options
    Thank you everyone for you ideas!!!!! I think I will use some of them in the next couple of days. Much appreciated!!!!!:happy: