Fake profile people

Options
PLEASE don't add me if you are here to talk about your personal financial issues and romantic issues with your fake picture. I am here to work on being fit not for you to ask phone numbers and personal info.

Replies

• Jacki916W
    Jacki916W Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You said it!! Same goes for me!
  • Librarylizard2009
    Librarylizard2009 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I know right?… people always ask for my number cuz of my profile pic…🙄
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,080 Member
    Options
    If people are behaving badly in the Community, please report it to the MFP staff or moderators so the bad actors don't harass other people.

Bad behavior would include things like solicitations for money (or hints along those lines), requests for phone numbers/email address/social media account names outside MFP, dating or sex/romance come-ons, and that sort of thing.

If you see those in this Community part of MFP, those can be flagged. (Use the "flag" under the post - if it's spam or abuse, use those, but if it's one of those other "bad behavior" things, use the "report" option, and put in a note to explain why you think it's bad).

If stuff like that happens in the other part of MFP, the friends/friend-request/timeline part of MFP, report those also. In some areas, you may have a block/report button, and you can also follow the instructions in this post:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10843235/how-to-report-inappropriate-unwanted-friend-requests#latest

That post includes a link to a form for reporting the problem people. That link may look like it's outside MFP, but it's a legit thing. I've used it multiple times.

If you report these bad people, that helps prevent other people being victimized. MFP doesn't want to become a host to people who behave badly! They have been very responsive when I've reported problems.
  • amberchen86
    amberchen86 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thak you for the info. That started few days ago whenever I opened this app the phone rang.I didn't know how to report it so I took my phone to the police and they helped me to connect to the fraud center and they are monitoring my phone activities now.I also notice those ppl removed them self from friend list.Just post this to warn ppl.
  • Jacki916W
    Options
    Thak you for the info. That started few days ago whenever I opened this app the phone rang.I didn't know how to report it so I took my phone to the police and they helped me to connect to the fraud center and they are monitoring my phone activities now.I also notice those ppl removed them self from friend list.Just post this to warn ppl.

Wow! Thanks for letting us know!

• amberchen86
    Options
    I feel safe now.I really enjoyed this app. Make me feel healthy to eat healthy n exercise more.I love the good people here,very supportive.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,428 Member
    Options
    I know right?… people always ask for my number cuz of my profile pic…🙄

That’s a damn cute cat. Can I get his phone number ?
  • amberchen86
    Options
    Just keeping this post up,if any one wants to report app abusers and don't know how.
  • amberchen86
    Options
    Just got a scam call.I handed in to the police.Bad people think they can get away with it but they are not.
  • Jacki916W
    Options
    There is an app out there called RoboKiller. I use it ALL the time. It blocks scammers from even letting your phone ring. Texts too. You can also pick an outgoing voice mail if you want using a celebrity voice or whatever telling them to go away. (I don’t use that feature as I don’t think scam calls are something to joke about). Anyhow, this app sends you a report every time it blocks a text or phone call, in part.just in case it blocked someone you didn’t want it to block. Love that thing!
  • amberchen86
    Options
    Thank you I will try that out.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    How did they get your number from MFP, or am I missing something?
  • JDavidPugh
    JDavidPugh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    How did they get your number from MFP, or am I missing something?

I second this one.......... I think you just by coincidence got into a robocall loop at the same time.....

Just answer the phone "Hello Baby Owl"......they will usually hang up in a fit of rage! ROFL.....