Very new to this....and struggling

Options
Good morning,

I am new to counting calories and being accountable for what I put in my mouth. But when I decided to get a personal trainer, this site came with the deal, and it has only been 1 week. It has been difficult to maintain a social life, work, and go to school,and also try to afford and find groceries in my alloted calories, carbs, sugars, sodium, and protein allowances. I am not the best cook, nor have the time to cook and this is very difficult. I am trying my best and hopefully there is just a learning curve that I will get the hang of.

Wishing life and food could be easier haha,

Carlye.

Replies

• getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Hey it will get easier. I can be your accountability partner if u need it. That has really helped me.
    5524456.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • pfeiferfit
    pfeiferfit Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I hear you - good luck with your quest.

I'm not a good cook, but with practice it gets better. I swear by making my own soup, and slow-cooking roasts. My soups don't always taste great but I always know what's in them.
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about most of other things protein, sugar, etc. I found if you stay within the cals the rest kind of falls in line. I just try to get fruit in at least once a day. Good luck!
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    It takes dedication and patience. Most of the time people fail because they make excuses and you have to be in it 100% to succeed. Yes you will have your good and your bad days. Before this site, I never put in the effort I always made excuses and I never lost weight.

Anyone can do this, just keep your focus and do what works best for you. Best of luck!
  • cindysg3
    cindysg3 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I used to log in a lot everyday. Now it is about 2 or 3 times a day, and I just hit the 250th day of log ins. You will find a good balance and it does get a lot easier. I am with one of the other responders in that I do look at the carbs, fat, and proteins but know it will not be exact everyday and I do allow myself a little variance in these. I do STICK to my calorie limit and quit eating when I hit it. I also keep the end in mind.... think about dinner and snack and work backwards. Last night was a special dinner and I made sure I had 700 of my 1200 left when I went. Generally spreading them out works better but for those really special events you just plan ahead. I also know that I can still do a drive through for a quick meal if the need arises.... grilled chicken patty, side sald no dressing, and some fruit. Healthy, filling, cheap, and quick in a pinch. You made the best decision and that was to lose weight. Congratulations on your new beginning.
  • mybutterfly63
    mybutterfly63 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! It can be really hard to try and balance everything but you can add me as a friend if you like and we can hopefully help each other out!