Sweeteners

Options
I use to be a sweetener junky until I heard that it turns into fermaldahyde in our bodies. I almost threw up since that`s the stuff they embalm dead bodies with.

Now I just drink water for 0 calories or I put aside enough calories to have a regular pop, if I feel I really need it.

Replies

• criztawl
    criztawl Posts: 34
    Options
    I use to be a sweetener junky until I heard that it turns into fermaldahyde in our bodies. I almost threw up since that`s the stuff they embalm dead bodies with.

Now I just drink water for 0 calories or I put aside enough calories to have a regular pop, if I feel I really need it.
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Eeww!!! I have to save my calories for regular soda/yogurt as well. Stuff like aspartame gives me headaches. But formaldehyde?! That's nasty!!!

126046.png
  • Etta
    Etta Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm thinkin', if formaldehyde is supposed to "preserve" the body or something after we've passed, then what is it doing to us when we're alive? So, when we eat artificial sweeteners and they convert to formaldehyde, are we like walking mummies? I'm soo weirded out.
    Sorry, I can be pretty silly after I work out. The gym makes me lose my head.

126046.png
  • susanbk53
    susanbk53 Posts: 13
    Options
    I think you've been reading too much junk science about sweeteners. They're like anything else, moderation is the key. Don't drink a gallon of artificially sweetened drinks each day, or eats loads of foods that have them in them.
    I use Splenda, and there is all kinds of stuff about how you're gonna die of chlorine poisoning from eating it. Pish posh. Chlorine is used to change the molecule chain, and it's not enough to even worry about!