I'm new here

Options
Hi, I'm new here. A friend and I were talking diet and food journals. She said she tracked hers online, at this site! Sounds good to me. I have a housekeeping biz and am fairly active, but still need to lose almost 20 more pounds (I've already lost 6). My husband and I now have an empty nest and apparently we have enjoyed it TOO much with eating out lots! Time to make better choices.

Replies

• truunger
    truunger Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here. A friend and I were talking diet and food journals. She said she tracked hers online, at this site! Sounds good to me. I have a housekeeping biz and am fairly active, but still need to lose almost 20 more pounds (I've already lost 6). My husband and I now have an empty nest and apparently we have enjoyed it TOO much with eating out lots! Time to make better choices.
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I to have an empty nest and nothing to do in the evenings but watch t.v. Now that I've joined mfp I have something to do: excercise. :happy:
  • truunger
    truunger Posts: 6
    Options
    I like your way of thinking, when bored. . .exercise! Good idea, thanks
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :smile:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • hartkid13
    hartkid13 Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • 2bfitornot2b
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP - you'll love it. In whatever capacity you decide to use it for, it's great.

My husband and I too are recent empty nesters and have felt the consequences of eating out more - yikes=/ so we both are now trying to get back to eating at home more, eating healthier and getting better fit.

We have gone to the gym at times, to watch something (usually a sports event) that we wanted to see, while we worked out - and before you know it, you've burnt 400 cals. So beats just sitting and watching while you munch on junk!

You can add me as a friend if you like. I have only been a member for a few weeks now, but am finding lots of encouragement and tips.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile: