GNC LEAN SHAKE?!

Options
I'm in love with GNC's lean shakes!! I usually alternate everyday with either the "ready to go made" bottles which has 25 grams of protein & only 170 cals! It keeps me full longer than the ones in the bit jar containers which only has 9 grams of protein! Swiss Chocolate is the best flavor, in my opinion!

I was wondering if anyone has taken these & had success with it? I've read alot of good reviews on other websites but wanted to hear from personal experience! I'm not looking to build muscle or "bulk" lol but mainly it's used as a meal replacement or snack, and helps with my intake of protein! It's helped me so far towards weight loss. Any feedback would be appreciated :)

Replies

• skinnyfat14
    skinnyfat14 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just bought a case of these the other day. I'm trying to have 1 for breakfast and 1 for lunch. I find them really filling as well and it definetely helps with the protein intake!! I've only tried strawberry so far which is sooo tasty!!! I'll have to try the chocolate soon!! Are you using them as meal replacements? how many do you have a day? and have you noticed weight loss since having them?
  • Davey2412
    Options
    I love the GNC Lean 25 Shakes (it has 25g of protein) rather than the 9 that is in the regular Lean Shakes. I buy it is the powder form, but it is great mixed with some ice and almond breeze. It is my evening treat which helps with my sweet tooth before bed and it keeps me feeling full throughout the night.
  • currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    These are the BEST tasting protein shakes that I have ever had! I like the powder from better than the RTD because I like the texture a little more. I have added a scoop of Lean Shake to 1/2 cup greek yougart to make a pudding like snack with a ton of protein in any flavor. I have also taken 1 scoop each of the chocolate and vanilla with one stick of Starbucks instant coffee and some ice cubes in my Magic Bullet to make a Mocha Frap, similar to Starbucks but WAY better for you. To drink alone my favorite flavor is the Cookies n Creme but if you add ice cubes to any of the shakes you can make a milkshake like drink that again is so good for you.
    I will also say that if you are looking for more variety the total lean bars are great tasting too. They are 160 calories have a good amount of protein and fiber as well.
  • skinnyfat14
    Options
    They don't have the powder form where I live, only the bottles. I was hesitant to buy them cause I normally hate bottled protein drinks but its delicious!!
  • katyk00
    katyk00 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've tried the vanilla and the strawberry flavors. The strawberry one was MUCH better than the vanilla
  • skinnyfat14
    Options
    has anyone tried the chocolate? I've only tried Strawberry and Vanilla as well and so far I like the strawberry best.
  • EthanJeremiahsMama
    Options
    has anyone tried the chocolate? I've only tried Strawberry and Vanilla as well and so far I like the strawberry best.

the swiss chocolate is my fav!!
  • AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I had the Swiss Chocolate this morning for bfast (YUMMYYYYYY!!!!) It kept me full for about three and a half hours. I really want to try the Vanilla.

BTW - I noticed that the powder has a significant amount more carbs than the RTD. For anyone watching carbs - like myself - I suggest getting the RTD.

Also, they are on sale right now. It's a good time to stock up =)
  • rla331
    rla331 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I drink the chocolate ones every day for breakfast and lunch. I have to say tho, that the regular lean shakes also have 25 grams of protein in them. So I'm not real sure what the difference is between them and the lean shake-25 (besides possibly the price). I love them, they are all good, but the swiss chocolate is my favorite!
  • skinnyfat14
    Options
    Well I've tried the chocolate and it's great BUT I still think that Strawberry is better lol. It's nice to alternate between them though!
  • butterfly_94501
    Options
    I've tried the vanillia bean which i love and you can alternate by making differnt flavors with adding fruit etc. I have been taking it for about four wks but when i weighted myself at the end of third wk i lost 10 lbs. Honestly first two weeks i didnt do any exercise. I started working out on the 3rd wk. and when i looked at the scale i jumped for joy. I felt like why not put in the effort to recieve the maximunm result esp when u paying 30+ a container. I look forward to continuing this until february. I'm making 25 and i need to look good for my party. I agree it does curb your appetite. I found a way for the shake to last longer. Which i just take it for breakfast, eat a small lunch (salads/veggies etc / eat a calorie controlled dinner and do mayber 30-40 min of workout. honestly i feel like it works and soon as i reach my goal weight i will post pics. So far i'm loving it , and yes it does keep you full.
  • jennellelynnx3
    jennellelynnx3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How much weight has everyone lost. I just bought the cookies and cream and berry ones over the weekend and I'm starting this tomorrow. I feel like I'm at the end of the road ith dieting and I want to give this a try. Is the amount of weight loss worth it ?
  • SummerSparrow619
    Options
    I started this two days ago! Have been working on strength training and gained extra weight, now just hoping to lose some of the fat I gained while strength training so I can see whatever muscle I managed to build up :).

What were your results, jennellelynnx?
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I do the EAS shakes...curious what the opinions are on those??? versus the GNC Lean Shake?!?!?
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I like GNC Total Lean already made 25 grams of protein 170 calories Strawberries & Cream taste great keep me full for 4 hours also.
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I drink the chocolate ones every day for breakfast and lunch. I have to say tho, that the regular lean shakes also have 25 grams of protein in them. So I'm not real sure what the difference is between them and the lean shake-25 (besides possibly the price). I love them, they are all good, but the swiss chocolate is my favorite!

I was on the website (reminding me that I might need to buy some). I'm looking at Total Lean Vanilla Bean (powder) and it's listing 9 grams of protein, not 25.
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good amount of protein for the calories. That being said there's nothing "special" about them. You'll lose the same amount of weight with 170 calories of something else, assuming you're in a deficit.

The good thing about getting enough protein for your body is, it helps retain your current muscle while you lose weight, which is what helps give you that lean, "toned" look everyone talks about. In conjunction with heavy lifting, it can be an awesome thing. I've lost 53 lbs this way
  • FireOpalCO
    FireOpalCO Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I do the EAS shakes...curious what the opinions are on those??? versus the GNC Lean Shake?!?!?

Which EAS shakes? I was looking at the Lean 15 (since those are under weight management) and the comparison I saw was

EAS Lean 15: 15g protein, 5g fiber, no vitamin A, 140 mg potassium, but only 100 calories a serving
    GNC Total Lean 25: 25g protein, 8g fiber, 20% Vitamin A, 480 mg potassium, 200 calories a serving

Since I'm having a hard time with Vitamin A and potassium, those are pluses to me. I'm also drinking these with just water as a meal replacement or snack, so the difference between 100 and 200 calories doesn't really matter (it might if I was adding milk and fruit and making a smoothie).
  • pinkshiningstar
    pinkshiningstar Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried the Lean Shakes. The last time I was in the guy really tried hard to sell me on them. I passed and opted for my regular Gold Standard protein (I prefer to just load up a shaker and go).

I've had the EAS shakes. For an on the go, they're pretty tasty. You can usually find them at Costco or Sam's Club so that cuts the cost down some.
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    I have tried em but they are super sweet which doesn't appeal to me. I have also tried the premier protein shakes but again they are super sweet also.

The best tasting ready to go shake imo s the Core Power light strawberry banana.