Newbie, here!

Options
Just wanting to say hello to all and introduce myself!
I’m Melissa, a Surgical Technologist from Florida! I’m new to this group and to a fitness journey I’ve never embarked on before! I am sick and tired of being sick and tired, so here I am, getting on my grind towards a better & healthier lifestyle!!
I would LOVE to have some good recipes for low fat, low sugar/carb meals! (I’m pretty new to eating right, as well!)
Thanks, you guys, for reading my post and sharing your encouragement & ideas!!
A fantastic day to you ALL!

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,366 Member
    Options
    Hi, Melissa, and welcome! (Some of my favorite people IRL are named Melissa. 😉)

Have you checked out the Recipes section of the Community? There are some good threads in there with lots of inspiration. Direct link here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/recipes

Possibly even better (because a little more structured/searchable) is the Recipes part of the MFP Blog. You can get to it on your browser at this link:

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/recipes/

Or, from the phone/tablet app version of MFP, you can go to your Newsfeed, click on a (non-video) MFP blog item, and use the menu at the top of the resulting page to get to the recipes section. (There may be a quicker way in the app, but I don't use the app as often to get to the blog part.)

In the app, you can get to some of the same recipe content by using the Recipe Discovery menu option. (I don't think that's Premium MFP only, but I'm not sure.)

Best wishes for success with MFP!
  • BrittanyFarrell1
    BrittanyFarrell1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    In the words of my mother(who lost 200 lbs) low fat is going to leave you unsatisfied and you'll find yourself scouring the cabinets at 1130 at night.
    Look into healthy fats, lots of protein and veggies. That's what I've been eating, specifically a lot of protein and seeing results. She swears by garlic and butter on your veggies to make them palatable. Or blended into your food so you don't realize they're there