Best/inspiring workout music...

Options
I am a music junkie and using this to my advantage to get me through workouts :) obviously most dance/euphoric/D&B is great for cardio and i can listen to pretty much anything lifting weights but some tracks just make you work HARDER....eg Jessy J whos laughing now, Christina fighter, shy fx shake your body

Any great tracks i can kick my butt to?

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• nirvana1
    Options
    I like edge of glory-lady gaga and Why Don't You Love Me-Beyonce.
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    my favorites are some by nickleback, pit bull, and shake it by metro station
  • abigailhutch
    Options
    Okay so I don't have specific songs, but I have a Pandora station that I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! It's called Techno Gym and it rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every song keeps you pumped up and pushing harder! And when a song gets a little too slow....I just put the thumbs down so that it won't play again! Its so awesome!
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have one song in my playlist that by devine intervention comes on everytime I am wanting to slow down... I can only imagine
    Granted its mixed in with the new JayZ and Kanye West but it gets me everytime!
  • SitaraK
    SitaraK Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stonger - kanye ... good one to run to!
  • Maverik2
    Maverik2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add my vote to Nickleback

The new Foo Fighter Album "Wasting Light" is pretty good as well.
  • tbudge
    tbudge Posts: 114
    Options
    I found that a lot of Lady Gaga is great to work out to. Very upbeat, even a lot of her lyrics are inspirational. Give her a try
  • HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    oh i like the new beastie boys also...
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Flash of the Blade - Iron Maiden
    Busy Child (Club Mix) - Crystal Method
    Hey Baby - Pitbull
    I got a Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
    When Love Takes Over - David Guetta
    Born This Way - Lady Gaga
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    Stonger - kanye ... good one to run to!
    Ooh good!
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    I can give you my exact playlist :) A few you'll probably make fun about it, I am a dork! :)

Just Dance-Lady Gaga
    I wanna Go-Britney Spears
    Mr. SaxoBeat-Alexandra Stan
    On The Floor(featuring Pitbull)-Jennifer Lopez
    Call on Me-Eric Prydz
    The Time(Dirty Bit)- Black Eyed Peas
    Lets Go Higher-Jordan Knight
    Headsprung-LL Cool J
    P.Y.T.-Michael Jackson
    Written in the Stars-Tinie Tempah
    Moves like Jagger-Maroon 5
  • nirvana1
    Options
    I can give you my exact playlist :) A few you'll probably make fun about it, I am a dork! :)

Just Dance-Lady Gaga
    Call on Me-Eric Prydz
    Headsprung-LL Cool J
    P.Y.T.-Michael Jackson

Mr Saxo Beat is a good one, very up beat. I like Call On Me cos it makes me think of the video to go with the song and those ladies bodies...I want one of those bodies!
  • missjessica83
    Options
    Thanks guys some great ideas in there :) think thats why i love the zumba :) just cant get enough of that booty shakin' body poppin' ....hopefully shrinking hahaha

x
  • PecanTanDiva
    Options

Just Dance-Lady Gaga
    Call on Me-Eric Prydz
    Headsprung-LL Cool J
    P.Y.T.-Michael Jackson

I have all of these songs on my Ipod that I listen to when Im working out as well. Great selection of music!!! You can also add Beyonce's song countdown, Kanye West - Power or Stronger, Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO, Super bass by Nicki Minaj, Rihanna - Only girl in the world, and Afrojack - Take Over Control are just a few I have as well.
  • missjessica83
    Options
    Sonny J cant stop moving is my new favourite :)

I think we should share playlists more often...this is great :)

Thanks guys x
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Have you guys heard of runhundred.com? A guy on MFP recommended it to me. It sends a weekly e-mail of suggestions for your playlist and you can look up song suggestions in the archive by genre and decade.

I've downloaded a few of the suggestions already and I just joined two weeks ago.

Shannon
  • chocoholicandbaby
    Options
    My favourites at the moment are "I Like That" by Richard Vission and "Single Ladies" by Beyonce. Single ladies is mainly because I aspire to be able to dance around in nothing but a leotard like Beyonce does in the video lol

Great suggestions by everyone else though. Music is the best motivator for me and I think switching songs around helps switch up my workout.
  • Forneil
    Options
    What you waiting for - Gwen Stefani

Actually... All Gwen and No doubt! Haha
  • ashleypietz
    ashleypietz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    For cardio I like the Black Eyed Peas "Elephunk" and for hardcore strength workouts I like Rammstein (really any of their albums will do).
  • Mixmode
    Mixmode Posts: 332
    Options
    I am a music junkie and using this to my advantage to get me through workouts :) obviously most dance/euphoric/D&B is great for cardio and i can listen to pretty much anything lifting weights but some tracks just make you work HARDER....eg Jessy J whos laughing now, Christina fighter, shy fx shake your body

Any great tracks i can kick my butt to?

Thanks in advance :)

FINALLY....someone who knows what's up with Drum & Bass!

Check out...

DJ Dara
    Andy C
    Sub Focus
    Pendulum
    Ed Rush & Optical
    Dieselboy

I could go on & on...