Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

weight gain

Okay question today i weighed myself and I gained 5lbs but when i weighed myself 2 days ago I lost a pound. I am so confused how could I have gained 5lbs in 2 days? Help need answers i feel like giving up!

Replies

• Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Lots of things affect weight loss. hormons, sodium, weather, work outs etc. Did you eat more sodium yesterday? is it that time of the month? did you increase the intensity of your work out?

You would not have gained 5 pounds of fat in 2 days so my guess is it is water.
  • karierogers
    karierogers Posts: 9 Member
    I have that same problem all the time. I just try to weigh myself at the same time in the morning and only do it once a week. If not it's all over the place!!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    weigh yourself once a week.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Several things to consider--
    1. PMS causes your weight to fluctuate the week before and some days after TOM.
    2. Time of day you weighed yourself. Keep it consistent and if you can, weigh yourself naked.
    3. Have you eaten anything full of sodium. Could be water weight
    4. Are you constipated? decrease in bowel movement makes a difference. I don;' think 3lbs but it does make a difference.

Hope this helps.
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Don't give up! My weight changes daily. Most people only weigh themselves once a week. I also weigh myself first thing in the morning in the nude. This removes that variable. Remember you are going to have good days and bad days. just keep at it and you will see change. I know I didn't gain my weight overnight and it will take a while to lose it.
  • KarenK37
    KarenK37 Posts: 125 Member
    Thanks so much everyone and I definitely have 2 of the reasons everyone put down going on right now. Hopefully that changes in a week. I also had salty food this weekend but I assumed since I exercised that I would lose some of the water. Thanks again i was so upset when I looked at the scale I almost cried.