Ribeye or risotto??

Options
Im nearly down to my ideal weight, been doing Keto & calorie counting on & off, but Keto definitely works for me.
Going to an Italian restaurant on Saturday & stuck on what to eat, my choice would be ribeye steak or risotto, the menu doesn’t have the calories.

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    I have found that steak and baked potato at a restaurant is a lot less calories than pretty much anything. I would look up what the average calories for the kind of risotto you will have is, and compare it to ribeye.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like to get food at a restaurant that I don't make at home. I make steaks all the time, so I'd get risotto.

But you should get whichever you like better and fits your goals. I guess if you're looking to stay with Keto, the steak probably fits that plan.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Risotto, if it is any good, is an absolute calorie bomb. Lots of butter, and primarily rice. With a rib eye, if you know the weight of the steak, you can log pretty accurately.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Well, if you want to stick to keto and get fairly accurate calorie counts, get the ribeye (and some low carb veggies), eat half, bring the other half home, weigh it, and have it for another meal.

I'm 5'6", female, and can get three servings out of an American restaurant ribeye.

Personally, I would not be satisfied with just steak or just risotto, so might get both, and plan to take a lot home.

I always plan to take food home from a restaurant and divide it into portions as soon as I'm served. Some posters here ask for a box and put the take home portion in the box immediately.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    If you've been doing keto, and it's working, why would you even consider getting the risotto?
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Anytime a question starts with “ribeye or…” the answer is ribeye.