Macros randomly changing

Options
sandyspencer4037
sandyspencer4037 Posts: 2 Member
My macros just started changing randomly without me doing anything. I just added a step app to my iPhone and my fitness pal seems to have figured out how to connect with it because it’s measuring my steps and reporting it in my fitness pal.
I also just recorded a new weight but I can’t understand why that would change the macros ?

Answers

• sandyspencer4037
    sandyspencer4037 Posts: 2 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    It appears that the app is adding the calories I’ve burned back into what I can have during the day. I don’t want the calories burned added back in to give me more macros ——how do I turn that off?
  • TicTacToo
    TicTacToo Posts: 76 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    My free version of MFP keeps the percentages constant once I've set them, and also adds exercise calories automatically. So if I've set my protein to be, say, 30% of my daily calories and I do no exercise, it works out 30% of 1200 cals = 360 cals = 90g of protein. But if I do 700 cals of exercise, MFP wants me to eat that back, so that day MFP says 30% of 1900 cals (being 1200 + 700) = 570 cals = 143g of protein.

Frustrating in some ways.

You can turn off the exercise syncing options, although it is a good idea to eat back your exercise calories if they are estimated fairly accurately.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    It appears that the app is adding the calories I’ve burned back into what I can have during the day. I don’t want the calories burned added back in to give me more macros ——how do I turn that off?

Either unsync or choose to pay for the Premium version of the app, where you can turn of added calories from exercise.
This discussion has been closed.