How do i stop eating whoppers?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Slowfaster
    Slowfaster Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Burger King's Whoppers were my favorite lunch until the Covid hit. The restaurants were closed so I could no longer go in, buy one and wolf it down while hot. I had to bring them home (they're too sloppy to eat in the car) and eat them cooled down. They are awful cold! I saw something online that explains that a lot of fast food flavor comes from fake flavorings that waft away as the food cools.

Eat one cold! Find out that they really taste like what they are, a bland slab of gray meat.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,902 Member
    Options
    It’s pretty clear that the whopper is a self soothing response to a stressful event. It’s a symptom that you might want to address through therapy.

With this insight, we don't actually need to know which type of whopper it is!
  • Sinisterbarbie1
    Sinisterbarbie1 Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Wait… I thought Bill Clinton was vegan and skinny now.
  • SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Wait… I thought Bill Clinton was vegan and skinny now.

Wasn’t that Big Macs?
    Although he did tell some “whoppers”…ahhh…sorry, no politics!! :D
  • anneg50
    anneg50 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Read the nutrition facts for Whoppers. Terribly unhealthy
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    anneg50 wrote: »

But the chocolates or the burgers? The everlasting question persists...
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

Discuss.

kgew4kdpdw2b.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

Discuss.

kgew4kdpdw2b.jpg

It'd be around a third of my daily calorie budget, just under a third of my protein goal, over half my fat goal, and it has some meaningful micros (potassium, iron, B6 . . . ).

Yeah, I could fit that in a day once in a while, maybe even most days, but I'd probably want to include a big meal of veggies/fruit elsewhere in the day for more micros and fiber, plus the rest of the protein, and some MUFA/PUFA fats.

That's if I liked Whoppers (ick, to me) and (especially) if I weren't vegetarian. 🤣

They're not the most nutrient-dense thing ever, but they're not the devil, either.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    My go-to nutritionals are calories, sodium, and protein. I normally wouldn't spend that many calories on one item of food and Quest protein bars spoiled me with the whole 10 g protein per 100 calories but it still looks good on the whopper. Sodium is totally not bad for a fast food hamburger.

And I don't pay attention to sugar but the 12 g isn't all that bad, right?

(Whew! Thank god for the draft auto save! I accidentally backed out of the post 😁 )

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    That's why the Whopper, Jr. is where it's at...if I'm forced to eat at a Burger King, the Jr. is only 340 calories.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,715 Member
    Options
    Watch the movie " Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead"
    Just an idea, very motivating!