Help...i am stuck

Options
I can't budge....i have lost 24+ pounds but can't get any further....stuck here. What can i do?!?!?!?

Replies

• ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Are you logging all of your food? I just viewed your diary for the past few days and you've been well under 1000 calories every day. EAT MORE. Your body thinks you're starving it and has stopped losing weight.
  • crickettm
    Options
    yes, i do log it....and at first i was successful...what's happening?!?!?!? i have another 20-25 to go....
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    thank you for making your food diary public. it helps us answer your question. first, you are not eating enough. may sound counter-intuitive, but if you don't net at least 1,200 calories a day, your body goes into starvation mode and begins storing food as fat. you may need to have a couple of high calorie days just to get your metabolism kick started. I suspect its slowed way down. second, of the limited calories you are eating, too many of them are some form of bread or processed foods. My guess is that if you cut out bread for a week, you will lose weight. also, try switching from processed foods to more natural foods (and by natural, I don't mean organic...although that's fine if that's your preference...I mean food that isn't the result of a science experiment). if you make these 3 changes, I suspect you will get back on the losing track.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    Are you logging all of your food? I just viewed your diary for the past few days and you've been well under 1000 calories every day. EAT MORE. Your body thinks you're starving it and has stopped losing weight.

I agree

Are you eating your exercise calories? you may need to eat more -When you exercise this puts you at a deficit. It seems like a lot of people do better when they eat their recommended allowance PLUS their exercise calories.

So now we can figure out where your goal should be.
    Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    posted twice
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    Looks like you got some pretty good, spot on advice here!
  • crickettm
    Options

I agree

Are you eating your exercise calories? you may need to eat more -When you exercise this puts you at a deficit. It seems like a lot of people do better when they eat their recommended allowance PLUS their exercise calories.

So now we can figure out where your goal should be.
    Go to the tools section and figure out your BMI:

Generally someone with a BMI over 32 can do a 1000 calorie a day (2 lbs a week) deficit
    With a BMI of 30 to 32 a deficit of 750 calories is generally correct (about 1.5 lbs a week)
    With a BMI of 28 to 30 a deficit of 500 calories is about right (about 1 lb a week)
    With a BMI of 26 to 28 a deficit of about 300 calories is perfect (about 1/2 lb a week)
    and below 26... well this is where we get fuzzy. See now you're no longer talking about being overweight, so while it's still ok to have a small deficit, you really should shift your focus more towards muscle building, and reducing fat. This means it is EXTRA important to eat your exercise calories as your body needs to KNOW it's ok to burn fat stores, and the only way it will know is if you keep giving it the calories it needs to not enter the famine response (starvation mode).

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

My BMI is 26.5

What does that mean i am doing right or wrong? i don't understand what it is etc.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    You are allowed 1200 calories...is there a reason you aren't eating them all? Under "Goals", what do you have your weight loss goal set as? Try switching it to "Lose 1/2 lb per week". This will give you more calories to eat. Then, eat all of them!

My guess would be that you stopped losing because your metabolism slowed down. I know it seems counterintuitive, but if you start eating a little more you will probably start losing again. The less processed the food, the better. Fruits and veggies are your friends! :smile:
  • crickettm
    Options
    Thank you all for your help and support in this. I will be taking all that was said and using it. Hopefully I can get back on track again!! :tongue: