Covid Weight Loss

Options
I put on a lot of weight during Covid close to 25lbs and was already overweight a bit went from 205 to 230lbs. I decided to stop it on 8/7 as of today I’m down 16lbs and feeling good. Funny thing is not one person has noticed so feel a little defeated too.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Don't let other people get you down!! You know you're kicking butt, and that's all that matters! Sometimes people don't want to say anything in case it's taken the wrong way. Also, you may be wearing the same clothes, so it's not as noticable?

I gained a lot of weight during covid (as did many others!) and I'm working to lose it now. I think maybe because so many people gained during Covid, people don't want to mention that we're losing it, because that also means kind of pointing out we gained it in the first place!

Keep going for you! Forget other people's opinions!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,406 Member
    Options
    People noticing and people commenting are two different things. These days, people are sensitive about body weight, don't like to get comments, so others may not want to comment for fear of offending. You know you're making great progress, and that's the important thing.

On top of that, with people who see us daily, the gradual changes may not be obvious: They just look at us, see "us". I'm ashamed to admit it, but at one point my beloved (now late) husband shaved his beard, and I didn't notice until he mentioned it two days later: That's kind of horrifying, isn't it? I just looked at him, saw him, didn't really registered that the the details had changed dramatically!

When I was losing weight, I found that I had to lose a pretty good big bunch before ever hearing anything from people who saw me often - maybe 25 pounds or so. People who saw me less often were more likely to notice, because there was a bigger change from the previous time they'd seen me, vs. seeing the gradual change.

It's weird. Don't let it get you down. You're doing great things for yourself, your health, your long term quality of life: So worth it!