Help with Macros

Options
I am new to tracking macros. Having trouble figuring out the right combo of foods per day to meet what I need. For example, today I’m over 3g on fats but still have 11g carbs and 7g protein left. Any tips welcomed! Thank you.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    That's pretty good if you're just starting tracking. Just tweak it a little over time to get closer to your goals. You don't have to be 100% perfect every day.
  • omegamabhiza
    omegamabhiza Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, check this macronutrient calculator its pretty amazing.
    https://legionathletics.com/tools/macronutrient-calculator/
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,884 Member
    Options
    Close is fine. If you're a little over on one thing one day, a little under on the next, averaging out within a few grams of the right levels, you're fine.

Even then: Protein and fats are essential nutrients, in the technical sense that your body can't manufacture them out of anything else, so you need to eat some. Assuming you don't have some contraindicating disease (you'd likely know), It's OK to be over on protein, fats, or both, as long as you're averaging out reasonably close to both over (say) a few days. Carbs are more flexible nutritionally (assuming no disease still), unless you personally find them to spike appetite (so you should eat fewer) or to tank energy (so you should eat more).

Humans are adaptive omnivores. Day by day perfection is optional.

Calories determine fat gain/loss. Nutrients are about health, energy, body composition. (Nutrients can affect weight management indirectly via energy or appetite, obviously. Calories are still the direct determinant.)