Raw till 4

Options
Hi! I'm new here and have been following a raw till 4 diet I've lost 2kgs in a week. I keep my calories to around 1500 a day I feel great! So much energy and joy. Anyone else tried this?

Replies

• Hiawassee88
    Hiawassee88 Posts: 35,754 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    What's on the menu after 4pm. I did read about FreeLee the Banana Girl.
    nkylj0z957y0.png
  • alice5642
    alice5642 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have a large steamed kumura and salad
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Huh, if you discount protein powder, when I had smoothies for breakfast and lunch, I was essentially doing raw until 6...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I thought Freelee went away in like 2013...
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    alice5642 wrote: »
    Actually I ended up under eating and binging on chocolate so I'm back on a normal diet now sorry to have led you astray yes freelea is a bad example

Alice, that is the single most honest post I’ve seen around here.

Congrats to you.

Hope you’ve now joined us on the road of slow, steady and sensible.

If you need help, please feel free to ask. We’ve all been or are there. You’re amongst friends. 😉
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    And if it’s any comfort, I just ate a small bag of pumpkin caramels, along with a bunch of chocolate chip cookies.

Haven’t been feeling well all day, so had a Screw It Snack ‘n Sofa day.

And you know what? When I get up tomorrow I’ll be just fine, and back on plan. The world won’t have stopped on it’s axis and the sky won’t have fallen.

Learn that early on, and you’ll do well here.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Look at Unnatural Vegan on YouTube if you're interested in a more realistic version of veganism. I'm not surprised raw till 4 didn't work. Be proud of yourself for moving on from it. There are absolutely ways to go plant based that are healthy, taste good, and are realistic. Or, if plant based isn't for you, that's fine too. But few people can maintain a raw diet, so don't feel bad about it.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    Actually I ended up under eating and binging on chocolate so I'm back on a normal diet now sorry to have led you astray yes freelea is a bad example

That's a very wise choice. Your common sense is showing, and I'm betting you have decent odds of reaching your weight management goals if you stick with it, and think that way.

IMO, sensibly moderate weight loss, while eating foods you enjoy, find filling, and that give you generally adequate nutrition on average over a day or few: That's the sweet spot.

Best wishes for success!
  • alice5642
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm actually trying the keto diet and have found great success. I haven't binged in 2 weeks
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,965 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'm actually trying the keto diet and have found great success. I haven't binged in 2 weeks

I hope your success continues. I have to admit seeing someone switch from raw vegan to a ketogenic diet is not something I see everyday. Cheers.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    oh how I've missed the Freelee posts!
  • alice5642
    Options
    Yes I have bipolar and switching diets has been something I've struggled with. I change diets more than I change my sheets but I've been on keto for 2 months now and my exercise addiction has gone away and my anxiety has gone and I feel calm and not manic. For once I feel like my brains working
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,965 Member
    Options
    Yes I have bipolar and switching diets has been something I've struggled with. I change diets more than I change my sheets but I've been on keto for 2 months now and my exercise addiction has gone away and my anxiety has gone and I feel calm and not manic. For once I feel like my brains working

Glad to hear that, and personally I don't find this to be abnormal in how you feel. A high fat low carb diet like the keto diet has been researched a lot, more in recent years especially with the military but also with brain disorders and dysfunction and of course depression and anxiety. Certain nutrients in food have been studied that have a relationship with depression and anxiety for example like omega 3's, tryptophan, l-glutamine, tyrosine, phenylalanine and methionine which seem to help quite a bit which are mostly found in animal based products like grass fed beef, fish, eggs, nuts and cheese for example and the basic foundation of the ketogenic diet. Hopefully you continue to find success. cheers.