Trying to Keep My Cool!

Im 5'11 I weigh 237. even when i was 160. i allways have had a little pot belly. Why is it people will come up to me i dont know that are LARGER than me and ask me if I am Preggers? and thier not even preggers. I have felt like telling them No..:explode: ..and it looks like u dont have a mirrior in your house.:mad: after a while of people asking me id just say yes i am. or just tell them im not preggers im just fluffy. i dont know why this bothers me so. Why Do strangers have to question me about my weight?? Am I the only one this Happens To?...Why do people have to say U need to watch what u eat. like my Eyes were closed every time i ate over the years:drinker: . I have lost 34 lbs so far.:smile: and i have 60 or more to go so that i wont get strangers asking me when im expecting!

Replies

• Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Many years ago, "Dear Abby" gave the perfect answer for rude questions. "If you'll forgive me for not answering your question, I'll forgive you for asking it."

I've only ever used that line a couple of times, but I said it kindly and sincerely, and it did the trick.
  • nadiaez
    nadiaez Posts: 132 Member
    omg...I could never say something like that to someone I don't know...how rude! I know it is hard but don't let them get to you.....and respond with some witty comeback they aren't expecting!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,078 Member
    I've had the same thing happen to me and I got sick of it, like you said usually by people alot bigger than myself. So they can just have a tummy but I must be pregnant:mad: After telling someone No I wasn't, she went on to say, in that case my tummy looked funny, I was so upset and speechless.
  • Yep Ive had this a couple of times - you dont forget it do you!!!!
    Both cases were very skinny little women. I was devastated and it
    spoilt my day - maybe days. Am bigger now than I was then and not
    been asked the question since - maybe they're scared of me now????
    I think the quote above about forgiveness is excellent and I will be
    armed with that for the future -- not that Im going to need it cos Im
    with MFP and you lot now. Dont despair :smile:
  • thanks for all the support.:smile: .. Ever since my twins were born and i had a fribroid after thier birth that the doctors ignored it until i had it removed when i was 24. i lost 50 lbs after it was removed. but the muscles have never been the same. but i figure after i get to where i wanna be then im going to tone up mostly in the stomach area. I Would never ask anyone if they were preggers unless they told me they were.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    I never ask anyone if they are pregnant, it's very rude. I like the dear Abby quote, but I would probably be more inclined to say something snide like "are you?" or "I'm sorry that no one was thoughtful enough to teach you manners" or "really? no really? you really think it's appropriate to ask someone that?"