45 Pounds by Nov 23, 2011

Options
I'm currently trying to lose about 45 pounds in 2months, I'm looking for friends that are looking for the same goal. We can help motivate eachother.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    good luck with that! Its a tough job. I lost 40 in 8 weeks and considerable myself very lucky.
  • FatToFitMomma
    Options
    What a great goal. Good Luck! I would love to lose that much in 2 months!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    this is all the weight you hve to lose. I would strongly consider rethinking your goals. You may be setting yourself up for failure. That is 5 pounds a week--tough for even morbid obese people to lose that much, but not impossible. If you had a lot of weight to lose, this goal may be more attainable; however, seeing as how that is all your weight you want to lose, that will be a tough one. Remember, it did not take you 2 months to gain it all, I bet.

Please reconsider your goals, make this something you can stick with forever so you do not regain your weight that you work hard for to lose.
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    i'm not doing it anymore, but the absolute best way to lose weight that fast is to cut your carbs down very low and to exercise. It's very hard, but it's possible-- I did it in 2006.

That said, if you do decide to watch carbs, be careful reintroducing them back into your diet. Do it slowly so you don't gain back! :)
  • TopazCarey
    Options
    Omg, that's a lot to lose in 2 months! I have about that much left to lose too, but my goal is by March (but if I get there by Christmas, I won't complain). But good luck! =)
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I'm currently trying to lose about 45 pounds in 2months, I'm looking for friends that are looking for the same goal. We can help motivate eachother.

That is not a very healthy goal. A more reasonable goal would be 10-12 lbs in that time frame as with only that much to lose you should not expect or even set your goal to lose more than 1.5 lbs/week. I suggest setting your goal at 1.5 lbs/week loss and eat all your cals. Once you have 30 lbs to go change you goal to 1 lb/week, when you get to the last 15 switch to 0.5 lbs/week. This will help ensure that you are not losing muscle instead of fat and will help set you up for maintenance.

Losing 2lbs+/week is only safe and recommended when you have 75+ lbs to lose, since you don't, you should not try too.
  • qkiley
    Options
    I would agree with luv2ash. This process takes time. I have had 3 runs at losing this weight in the past 3 years. The first 2 I tried to hit goal in 4 months. First it went really quickly, but then I stopped losing weight, got frustrated and quit.

Now, with MFP and a good plan it has taken me roughly 9 months to lose 40 pounds. I can tell you, I feel much better mentally and physically this round. Your mindset changes and you feel really good about the things you accomplish.

I would reconsider your goal, it is completely worth taking more time to get it right.

Just my thoughts. I wish you the best on your journey!
  • annacataldo
    annacataldo Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You do realize that the last 30lbs u have to lose r the hardest to lose, don't u? Large people lose alot faster than smaller people, and it took me 4months to lose 45lbs (started at weighing 313). For someone who only has 45lbs to lose, they generally lose 5 to 8lbs a month... and considering u have 2months to not only double the number but more than triple it, I think ur on the wrong website!! I think u need to not eat a single bite for 2months to meet those kind of unrealistic numbers and end up in the hospital... if u weighed 400lbs, a 45lb goal in 2months is perfectly reachable, but seeing as u only have 45lbs to lose to get to ur goal weight, u r not going to get to any goal like that safely.
  • kallico
    kallico Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    im ten down, wanting to lose a total of 50 by jan 1st... not all the weight i want to lose, after that ive got 30 more which will be harder and will take longer. comparing my lifestyle before to now, i think i will be able to do it. Im excited because even if i dont quite hit that mark, i will be so proud of what i do lose!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I'm on maintenance now, but that's my birthday!
  • ShannaB83185
    ShannaB83185 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else that is a lot to lose in 2 months! It took me 2 months to lose 15 pounds!! I am trying to lose 19 pounds by November 24 (Thanksgiving). I was almost thinking that wasn't obtainable. You may want to reevaluate your goals like someone else mentioned this can set you up for failure. It probably didn't take you 2 months to gain 45 pounds so you shouldn't expect to lose in 2 months.