Fighting Irish Girl

Options
I do not want to have diabetes! I have seen what it did to my ex husband. It slowly destroyed a very strong man. My sugar is climbing. I am refusing to let it get me. The fight has begun! "Diabetes, you may not have me!!!" I am going to do all in my power to loose weight and bring down my sugar! May God help all of us who are fighting this fight. Good luck friends!
I apologise for my name....I thought that would be private. Since Mark just left me and moved out of state, it was a motivational name. Again. Sorry if i have offended anyone. I am new to the site and dont know how to change it.

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I don't think your username is appropriate for this site but despite that if you want some inspiration check this blog from a friend of mine...

he ditched all his diabetes medicine over 2 weeks ago after almost 200 days of a primal diet and exercise program.

http://davidisfat.wordpress.com/

I'm in Ireland too, feel free to add me.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    My Home---> Settings
    > Change username
  • auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good fight Irish Girl. Use those negative emotions to fuel you. It takes discipline, and a lifestyle change that incorporates eliminating the crap food you take in and working out to strengthen your body.

Have faith.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    My Home---> Settings
    > Change username

^^This
  • LifeChanged1209
    Options
    Go to My Home> Settings > Change Username. You can only change it one time, so make sure you're not angry when you select your new name.... LOL
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Yeah, turn that name from something reminding you of the bad guy into something that reminds you of your own inner strength... or something really fun and goofy. Either way.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    You can change your user name by going into your settings at the top of the page and clicking "Change User Name". I don't blame you for the name though... If I had been through what you have... I would probably have the same one!

As for beating diabetes, you can do it!!! Exercise and eating right... it's very helpful to follow a diabetic diet (even if you don't have it yet). Hang in there... you totally got this!! :bigsmile:
  • Kirk_D
    Options
    How about changing it to "Fighting Irish Girl"!
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    I personally love your user name! F him!
  • GFreg
    GFreg Posts: 404
    Options
    Darn, I guess I'm too late to see the mythical inappropriate name. LOL! Welcome to MFP. Keep fighting that fight and you can reach your goals. Good luck!