Hi folks!

Options
craig007heaven
craig007heaven Posts: 1 Member
edited October 2022 in Getting Started
Frustrated but managing on this app for a month now.

Seems like the step counter is giving me lots of calories for my steps, any advice on this?

Replies

• Tesha231
    Tesha231 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I'm a long time user and there was a formula for how calories were applied back for energy spent, walking included. I usually only walk these days but I thought it looked like all calories are being awarded back (instead of once you've reached a threshold), but since I can't find the formula, I'm really not sure. Good Luck!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    There is definitely ramp-up for using the app and it takes extra time at first. During the extra time of logging, I try not to eat. Thus, there I am, fiddling with my phone trying to remember everything I've eaten. But, at least I'm not snacking! 🤓

And, sometimes you look at something and think to yourself "how the heck am I going to log that?" This alone can keep me from eating it. 🤔

And, It does get easier with practice! 😎

How are you counting the steps? If it's from a FitBit, Apple Watch, or Garmin, then the calorie estimates are about as good as it gets, but it still pays to under-eat them a bit.

Best of luck!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Check your activity level over on goals. If you’ve got an incorrect activity level listed it can faff with your step calories.

Also, if you’re in Apple Watch, enable negative calories. If you’re doing that, it won’t double count steps, although the negative calorie count will be a shocker at first.