Affraid...

Options
I have been going to the gym everyday for about 2 - 4 hours a day.. I am affraid that if I dont go one day I will get out of my routine and not have the encouragement to go back?? I Like going to the gym.. I am up to 30 minutes on the eliptical and I am affraid that it will set me back?? I dont want to get set back cuz I am only a month into my work outs and going on my second week here.. What should I do?? I have to be somewhere at 1pm on sunday and the gym opens at 10 - 4 should I just go ahead and go at 10 and do my cardio and work out til 12 and then go when I am supose to go by 1 or just take the day off ???

Replies

• swignal
    swignal Posts: 441
    Options
    I have been going to the gym everyday for about 2 - 4 hours a day.. I am affraid that if I dont go one day I will get out of my routine and not have the encouragement to go back?? I Like going to the gym.. I am up to 30 minutes on the eliptical and I am affraid that it will set me back?? I dont want to get set back cuz I am only a month into my work outs and going on my second week here.. What should I do?? I have to be somewhere at 1pm on sunday and the gym opens at 10 - 4 should I just go ahead and go at 10 and do my cardio and work out til 12 and then go when I am supose to go by 1 or just take the day off ???
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I felt this way too, I would say you are going to have to enjoy "life" too, so go do your thing and just know you are going the day before and after.......you will be fine. And if you don't come in here and I will kick your patootie all the way there!:flowerforyou:
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I say go early if you want to.. But....Why do you feel missing one day will stop you from going back? Taking a break for one day is fine. Just remember. You an appointment with the gym on Monday. Write that down somewhere....put it on your fridge.....bathroom mirror.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    If you have time to go in the am then go in the am- if not pop in a dvd or do something after your task-
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    too early in the game to quit....you can do it and stick with it because you enjoy going and you enjoy feeling better...set good habits now so that you wont have issues breaking them in the future...I personally would go as much as you can now while its something you really like to do..then explore classes and stuff to keep it interesting..meet friends etc etc
  • mcontrerasj
    Options
    I am differently afraid... I have Helicobacter pyllori, and I am afraid I'm going to gain weight again due to the spiking levels of ghrelin when you erradicate bacteria. Does anyone know anything about that? I am dying to know if that's gonna happen to me:noway:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I had that fear too. But, just know the gym will be there.

I would go on vacation to visit my family and be limited in where I could work out, etc. And as soon as I got home, I got back into my routine.

And just recently, early on in my pregnancy, I was told to not work out because I was having some bleeding and cramping. So I took a break for a few weeks and recently got back when the Dr gave the "all clear".

Life will get in the way sometimes so just do what you can and keep your focus and know the gym will be there! :flowerforyou:
  • swignal
    Options
    The funny thing is, I talk to a few girls there that are so skinny and pretty, They are going everyday also because they are going to visit the playboy mantion!!! LOL they are very nice to me and encourage me everyday.. the one girl goes on the eliptical for 75 minutes.. cant emagin that at all.. LOL maybe next year.... well thanks guys.. You have made me feel better..

Sheila
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    2-4 hours a day!?!? Wow! Well, I like easing in to a routine, like only committing to certain days. I think if you overdo it when you're starting off you might set yourself up for failure. But that sounds horribly negative of me to say & it sounds like you're off to a great start! So, keep up with the amazing work!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Personally I would stick with it so you don't get out of your routine.This is my opinion though.It works for me I workout 7 days a week for at least 2-2.5 hours a day .Its good for you hun and if you feel llike missing a day will set you back and get you out of your routine then listen to yourself don't miss.Get in the time you need on Sunday before your event.
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    I'm also afraid. I haven't cheated for 1.5 weeks-which is HUGE for me! Exercise is engrained in me now. I feel guilty the odd week I miss more than one day but I'm not worried about that. It's my eating...if I go to the 2 parties I'm invited to, I'm going to cheat, I know it. I'm actually tempted to not go to either. Plus my Mom is buying Chinese for tomorrow night, ahhhh:sad: :sad: So, you're fears are not alone my dear.:frown:
  • pjdurrose
    Options
    Great job on being smoke free. I admire you and your determination. That has got to be one of the toughest habits to kick and we could all learn from you. Kudos to you.
  • macollins79
    Options
    I wish I had 2-4 hours every day to go to the gym!

137570.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • swignal
    Options
    I kinda feel like a weirdo cuz I like the gym so much.. its like when I come home I want to do more excersice... its like I started and cant stop..

and deffinately kudos for stoping smoking they cost so much now who can afford to smoke !!!

well I will prob be at the gym at 10 am on sunday so I can get at least 2 hours in and so I can just keep with my routine!!! cuz I get measured on Tuesday!!! and just incase I eat something extra I will have my workout in...

sheila
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I like Rick's idea. Make an appointment to go to the gym! And, good job rick!!
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    I kinda feel like a weirdo cuz I like the gym so much.. its like when I come home I want to do more excersice... its like I started and cant stop..

and deffinately kudos for stoping smoking they cost so much now who can afford to smoke !!!

well I will prob be at the gym at 10 am on sunday so I can get at least 2 hours in and so I can just keep with my routine!!! cuz I get measured on Tuesday!!! and just incase I eat something extra I will have my workout in...

sheila

Good for you !! Way to keep at it!! Push yourself to reach for the stars!!Now your goals are within your reach!!Keep it up!!
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options

sheila

Wat to go!!! You must be an adrenaline Junkie like me-cause I love it too. If I'm having a "low" day, it's harder to get me moving-that's where this site and you guys have helped so much! But once I do get goin, I'm pumped! :bigsmile: Keep it up girl!!
  • swignal
    Options
    I seem to be pumped all the time.. I wake up and cant wait to get back to the gym.. I just feel like I need to be there all the time..

and everyday I try to do more and more... I did get some good news I lost 3 inches in my waist and 2 in my abdomen so far and that is just in three weeks YAY I am so happy...