The Departed

Bored, watching this movie. Forgot how amazing it is.

Anybody got a favorite line from it? Please paraphrase if needed for reasons of bad language.

Replies

• _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    "A man makes his own way. No one gives it to ya. You have to take it."

And this was the movie that made me fall in love with Leo.
  • Can't recall a favorite line, but I will say, without leaving any spoilers...I love how surprised I was when Leo came out of the elevator at the end. Rarely does a movie take me by surprise like that!
  • Frank Costello: The only one that can do what I do is me. Lot of people had to die for me to be me. You wanna be me?
  • Aj1214
    Aj1214 Posts: 120
    Yeah! This movie made me actually like Leo.

"I don't wanna be a product of my environment. I want my environment to be a product of me."
  • mrainbow82
    mrainbow82 Posts: 24 Member
    Our target: microprocessors. Yes, those. I don't know what they are, you don't know what they are, who gives a f**k?
  • "When you decide to be something, you can be it. That's what they don't tell you in the church. When I was your age they would say we can become cops, or criminals. Today, what I'm saying to you is this: when you're facing a loaded gun, what's the difference?"

That would be mine.
  • Aj1214
    Tech guy: "Who the hell are you?"
    Dignam: "I'm the guy who does his job, you must the other guy."
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,902 Member
    Thought this was a thread on my boy TASO.
  • and...

If we're not gonna make it, it's gotta be you that gets out, cause I'm not capable. I'm f**king Irish, I'll deal with something being wrong for the rest of my life.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    and...

If we're not gonna make it, it's gotta be you that gets out, cause I'm not capable. I'm f**king Irish, I'll deal with something being wrong for the rest of my life.

that was a sad line
  • Aj1214
    Dignam: "I can't wait to wipe that smile right off your face."
    Costello: "Would you rather wipe my a@@ for me?"
  • FORKDOWN
    FORKDOWN Posts: 1,754
    "She fell funny"
  • I probably could be you, yeah. Yeah, I know that much. But I don't wanna be you, Frank. I don't wanna be you
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    "Maybe yes, maybe no, maybe go f*** yourself" & basically every other Mark Wahlberg line in this movie, which is also one of my all time faves!