ticker shows incorrect weight loss?

Options
beabria
beabria Posts: 541 Member
I'm having some problems with the ticker on my profile page. It is set to show lbs lost, but shows that I've lost less than half of what I've actually lost. My "home" page shows the correct number of lbs lost. I've tried reformatting my ticker, and have tried editing my starting weight in the ticker section to +/- a pound of my real starting weight - but nothing makes it change. Any ideas? I know it's a small thing, but I could use all the motivation I can get!

Best Answer

Answers

• Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,024 Member
    Options
    I finally reached 10 pounds lost and I, too, am having trouble with the ticker...
    Thanks.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    So your starting weight before matches the MFP starting weight?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • beabria
    Options
    @Jean I've already reached out but got no response
    @ninerbuff Everywhere I can find a starting weight, it is set the same. I tried deliberately changing my starting weight from the ticker and the weight lost listed on the ticker didn't update.
  • beabria
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Actually - I just got it to finally show the correct weight lost - by updating the *style* of the ticker. Now it shows both the new style and the correct weight. I'd really like to find a way to fix the underlying problem though, as manually changing the style every time I loose more weight will get kinda old.
  • newHampshirite
    newHampshirite Posts: 180 Member
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Yeah. I don't think it automatically updates anymore if you are using a browser on a computer to access MFP, at least not with Microsoft Edge. You don't actually have to change the stlcker style to update it though. The following sequence works for me:

1. In MFP, in the first line of the page header toolbar, click on Apps.
    2. In the new second line of the page header toolbar, click on Tickers.
    3. At this point, you should see your ticker. Click on Save Changes. This causes your ticker to be replaced by what I think is a broken link icon.
    4. Now click on Update my weight data.
    5. Finally, click on Save Changes. (I'm not sure this step is necessary. Once I found something that worked, I stopped experimenting.)

So, it takes 4 or 5 clicks to do something that, I think, used to happen automatically.
  • newHampshirite
    newHampshirite Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    The Ticker feature is being retired as of November 21, 2022.
This discussion has been closed.