Oatmeal *WEIGHT CONTROL*

Options
Has anyone tried Quaker Oats **Weight Control** Maple & Brown Sugar?? (1g of sugar) and it's so delicious!! I've been eating this for breakfast almost everyday. Just wondering if anyone has tried this, if not.. pick up a box at your local grocery store, it's really good! :)

Replies

• MuffinMan25
    Options
    I try to eat Oats everyday!!!! I 'll have to try. Thanks!! :drinker:
  • hjfischer
    Options
    I eat it almost every day. I love it because it is filling and sweet!
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I eat this kind EVERY morning! I stir in a tbsp of peanut butter and 1/4 cup of walnuts. I look forward to it every morning!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just saw someone post about this on a different WL site & she wasn't crazy about it, lol. I used to eat it & liked it fine, but these days I'll just eat regular Quaker rolled oats made with 1c of almond milk & 1 tsp of brown sugar Splenda. Tastes great without all the additives & not so sweet.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I hate the Weight Control oatmeals!! The Quaker High Fiber actually has more fiber, less sodium and the same or less cals/fat. The reason I don't like the weight control is that it is soooo salty!! I actually called Quaker and they replaced the two boxes I had bought by sending me replacement vouchers. Sooo..if you buy it and you don't like it, call them and tell them!!

I LOVE Quaker oatmeal. Don't get me wrong! I just don't like all that salt!!
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it tastes good, but it also sounds really processed.
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I would usually keep a box at my desk for energy fuel. I've found using some of the steel cut oats, cinnamon, and honey offers a comparable taste but much less processing :)
  • daisymae9801
    daisymae9801 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Funny, I just saw someone post about this on a different WL site & she wasn't crazy about it, lol. I used to eat it & liked it fine, but these days I'll just eat regular Quaker rolled oats made with 1c of almond milk & 1 tsp of brown sugar Splenda. Tastes great without all the additives & not so sweet.

Not crazy about it, either. BUT I did try Lavish dark chocolate oatmeal yesterday and it was delish. 160 calories.
  • mmcperez
    mmcperez Posts: 72 Member
    Options

Eat Eggs!
  • BrittanyRC
    Options
    I agree with gapeach..(and it's totally not because we're both from Ga but it helps! Hey there!) lol but yeah I haven't tried the weight control, however the high fiber is AWESOME. I love the maple and brown sugar best and the cinnamon is pretty good too. I just wish they had the banana bread flavor in high fiber..or if they do my area doesn't have it..but yeah it's amazing and I usually don't even like the instant stuff.
  • LuckieSC
    Options
    yes I also eat it alot
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried Quaker Oats **Weight Control** Maple & Brown Sugar?? (1g of sugar) and it's so delicious!! I've been eating this for breakfast almost everyday. Just wondering if anyone has tried this, if not.. pick up a box at your local grocery store, it's really good! :)
    Every other day I have it. I only eat half because my daughter eats the other half. Cinnamon and Apples is my fave.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I use the "low sugar" version...its about 4g of sugar.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Of course processed foods are the bane of weight loss and health. I should be dead by now if that were true.
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    I agree with gapeach..(and it's totally not because we're both from Ga but it helps! Hey there!) lol but yeah I haven't tried the weight control, however the high fiber is AWESOME. I love the maple and brown sugar best and the cinnamon is pretty good too. I just wish they had the banana bread flavor in high fiber..or if they do my area doesn't have it..but yeah it's amazing and I usually don't even like the instant stuff.

::waves::
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Eat Eggs!
    Because eggs have the same macro nutrient content?
  • Victoriav99
    Victoriav99 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I agree!!! It is really good. I haven't had it in a while... That's usually what i have for breakfast in the winter time... Too hot for that in the summer.
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I eat Quaker Steel Cut oats & add fruit to it. Love it!
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Eat Eggs!
    (I love eggs too!)