prediabetes

Options
Hi I'm a 58 year old woman who has struggled with her weight all of my life. It has been a constant battle I usually watch my carbs very carefully since I'am insulin resistant. I'm not on any medication right now for the diabetes as my dr says my blood sugar being at 150 does'nt require it right now. I'm on a mission to reverse the blood sugar numbers.I hope this site will help it looks like it will came across it and wasn't even looking for it..:):smile:

Replies

• Josephine5341
    Options
    I found out in July I was prediabetic. My doctor actually put me on medicine. What I have done is to stay completely away from carbs. I love bread and potatoes. My blood sugar has gone down because of the 37 lbs i have lost since that depressing day he broke the news to me. But the up side is that he said if I can loose this weight I can reverse what I have done to myself. Keep your head up!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Check out this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/348793-insulin-resistance?page=1#posts-4708594
    People are offering suggestions, some may help you. You can also search the thread topics for things like "low-carb," "paleo," and "primal," they often have great recipes.

I have found this site very helpful, simply because the food database is so extensive that it's really easy to keep very close track of my carb counts. My doctor has me on a limit of 25 carbs per day.

Good luck to you!
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    It is a fairly slim chance you live in Kansas where I am from(haha)... but just last night I went to a free seminar about diabetes education and how to take the guess work out of cooking. You are doing great just to take the step towards change! Well done!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you in your quest to reverse the diabetes progression. My late husband had diabetes, but refused to listen to the docs...he was the poster child for "what they say will happen if you don't manage your illness....really do happen" I know it can be really tough, but you can do it! Friend me if you like!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do is stay away from all carbs.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/hypertension-prediabetes-metabolic-syndrome-and-75-pounds-all-gone-in-6-months/

I have diabetes in my family. I went Primal at the end of April. Diabetes is curable. I think everything that raises blood sugar should be removed (including whole grains - they do the same thing - it just takes longer - I'm still trying to convince my brother of this since his doc is still pushing a high-carb diet on him).

This is just one success story. You can search the Archives and get a list of more of them. Mark posts a new one every Friday.