Losing weight in NOLA!

I'm determined now. Any support would be so helpful. Anyone else have so much trouble eating healthy in this city lol?

Replies

• Fayve
    Fayve Posts: 406 Member
    I know I do whenever I visit. Everything is so greasy and delicious !! I had a hard time getting out to walk when i was there in August, but if I move there in the next year (as I hope to), I'd love to join the YMCA in metairie.
  • I always gain when I visit (at least once or twice a year), but I honestly don't count calories while I am there, but I can imagine that it would be difficult to "be good" when there is all that yummy goodness around you! Good Luck!!
  • Thank you both. There is a lot more healthy options around here than there used to be, I expect that is the same everywhere, but there is still so much good stuff to eat it's hard, and the family get togethers are never good either! Trying to cook a lot more at home now.
  • I did notice when I was there that there were many more vegetarian options (I am veggie) than I had ever seen before, so that was cool. Some great healthy choices at Schiro's over on Royal....