Another Newbie

Options
From Seattle, Wa! Just feeling my way around here on the message boards. Hoping to find some moral support. Have quite a bit of weight to lose and things don't seem to be working for me.

Replies

• ellamira
    ellamira Posts: 8
    Options
    From Seattle, Wa! Just feeling my way around here on the message boards. Hoping to find some moral support. Have quite a bit of weight to lose and things don't seem to be working for me.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Hiya!...make a plan and just stick with it ..i find for many we just start this kinda on a whim and get lost in the sauce...I would get a notepad and make a plan of attack ...ecercise days and times also calorie intake and pre plan meals ....Good luck in your journey!
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    welcome to MFP, ellamira! :flowerforyou:

i second what mya said, you need some kinda plan of attack, it does not need to be written but at least have an idea what you intend to do... the MFP tools are very useful and I will also recommend you educate yourself by reading the articles posted in this very forum, as well as any other useful info on weight losing you happen upon... it also helps with motivation: i would say it's 90% motivation and the rest is just some work on your part... if you are truely motivated and decided to lose the weight, the effort you have to put into it will not feel like a burden and before long you will see some great results (i see you have lost a little already, wtg!) it may seem a bit frustrating at first but after a while you will feel a lot better both mentally and physically and get so used to your new lifestyle that you won't believe there has ever existed another path to walk on...

my best wishes on your journey :flowerforyou:
  • ASHNBLAKE
    ASHNBLAKE Posts: 13
    Options
    I live right by Seattle!! I can't wait til it gets nice here so I can go outside an exercise more but the weather is waaayyyy to cold for that right now! I just started on here too. GOOD LUCK!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice, helpful and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey, you can do this.:smile::drinker: :flowerforyou: :bigsmile:
  • ellamira
    ellamira Posts: 8
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I've been hesitant to post on the message boards but I'm glad I took the plunge today and did!
  • darseaver
    Options
    I am a newbie too. I am from Toronto Canada and I need to lose alot of weight. Is there a Senior Message Board?

167776.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • gtcalgal
    gtcalgal Posts: 13
    Options
    I am a newbie too. I am from Toronto Canada and I need to lose alot of weight. Is there a Senior Message Board?

167776.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

I was searching around the msg boards one night and found a 50+ site.
  • gtcalgal
    gtcalgal Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I've been hesitant to post on the message boards but I'm glad I took the plunge today and did!

I just got started myself.:smile: I started with deciding to make the best choices I can for situation I may be in, being consious of what I am eating (no sitting w/a bag of chips while watching tv) :drinker: and deciding to exercise more. I set my goal at 1lb a week to start and as I learn to make the changes I will move my goal to 1.5 and eventually to 2. But you have to start somewhere, you can't just change everything all at once. They say it takes 21 days to break a bad habit or create a new one. Good luck.
    P.S. My son is stationed at Whidbey Island. My husband and I are flying out your way the end of July to visit him.
  • Momma2four
    Momma2four Posts: 1,534
    Options
    Welcome!!!:flowerforyou:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    that's it for the chit chat................................time for some push ups