App no longer available on Chromebook?

Options
blindgorilla
blindgorilla Posts: 4 Member
I have an Asus C434T and always used to use the MFP app on it to create Recipes and Meals as it was a lot easier than using the website (terrible) or the version of the app on my phone or tablet (more cumbersome to copy / paste ingredients).

Just tried to open it today and it's no longer on my Chromebook but I definitely didn't uninstall it.

Tried to reinstall it from Google Play and it does not appear in search results at all in the Play app.
Found it on the web version of Google Play and it is showing as: "This item is not compatible with your device".

I've been using MFP since 2019 and have paid for the premium version for the last two years.

Any ideas on whether it will be available for Chromebooks again or do I need to switch to a competitor?

Answers

• durden
    durden Posts: 3,324 MFP Staff
    Options
    I was unaware that Chromebooks could still run the MyFitnessPal app, so this doesn't entirely surprise me. Android devices require at least Android version 9 to run the app, and since you're using a Chromebook there could be other factors at play that have caused your compatibility to lapse.

I do apologize for the inconvenience, that is definitely frustrating. Your options going forward would be to use the app on your mobile device, and/or to use the website via your Chromebook.
  • blindgorilla
    blindgorilla Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Appreciate the response Durden but the functionality of the website doesn't match the functionality of the app, especially when creating recipes and meals. I did find a workaround and managed to resurrect the app on the Chromebook using the previous version so its operational again
  • flashgordon49
    flashgordon49 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have a similar question regarding my Apple iPad Pro. I have a Premium subscription that works great on my iPhone and computer. However, when I open the MyFitnessPal app on my iPad, I don't see any history. It’s like I just started my subscription, please help???
This discussion has been closed.