New Girl Here

Options
Hi. Just joined MFP. Stumbled upon this site while trying to figure out how many calories are in peanutbutter crackers. OMG 185! Wish I'd have looked them up before I ate them!

Anyway, I'm 42 and am 3-weeks out from having a radical hysterectomy. Sitting here these past 3 weeks and actually focusing on MYSELF for a change as been the best thing for me, well aside from the intense pain radiating from my abdomen. But, its all good.

I figured I need to lose about 70 lbs and I'm damned determined to do it for myself. No more unrealistic goals, or reasons to make other people happy. Its all about me this time.

I'm happy to be here. Hope to make some like-minded friends to share my journey with.

Replies

• JanetTerry
    JanetTerry Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Good of you! Change starts NOW :)
    Happy journeys to you, and welcome ! :)
    Get well soon!
  • aspencer122
    aspencer122 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    good for you. I am happy that people are taking charge of there life. I am 23 and a new father. I want to loss about 80 pounds. good luck. If you need a buddy let me know.
  • wiglet23
    wiglet23 Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Shannon!
  • shawnscott5
    shawnscott5 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Welcom Shannon and good luck on your journey. You can do this. Get better soon.
  • evolvingbrandy
    evolvingbrandy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good luck New Girl Here. I am really pulling for you. Good luck with your surgery and your weight loss journey. I have been here three weeks and have 43 pounds left to lose. Down 8.6 pounds in 3 weeks so it works. I am also doing weight watcher's, the elliptical 30 min. 3x wk and strength training with a trainer 40 min. a week. I hope you reach your dreams, believe in yourself and you will!!!
  • pattynava
    Options
    Welcome.... =0) We are all on the same journey...Good luck to you on yours. Feel free to be-friend me, and we will support each other. I've met some amazing people on here so far, and only been on here for about 8 days. :flowerforyou:
  • ReziiTarDust
    Options
    Wow my mother had to have a radical hysterectomy a few years ago, so I hope you're doing well! Good luck here, just know that the more you do it, the easier it gets. :] If your phone gets app's defintely get the app!

-Rae.
  • mwest11
    mwest11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am pretty new to this too and appreciate seeing everyones stories.. That is great that you are focusing on Y-O-U! I am welcome to people adding me as their motivational buddies!
  • afiqahamdan
    Options
    hye everyone:)..