goal

Options
what does this mean.

From Normal Daily Activity

2,140 calories/day

does this mean how many calories i should be eating... my goal is 1200 calories a day...

Replies

• Lachsis
    Lachsis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    it means that your body burns 2,140 calories a day to keep everything running and with all your daily activities like walking, working and so on depending on your acivity level.. If you wanna lose weight, you have to eat less than this. So MFP gives you a calorie limit . In your case 1200, if I got you right, which means you have a daily calorie deficit of 940 cals.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    how much you burn a day
  • marandas
    Options
    according to the height and weight you put in your goal is what you need to get through your normal day that # will go up or down depending on how much activity you put in (like if you have a desk job vs. construction worker).

If before you were dieting you ate 3000 calories the all of a sudden you dropped it to 1200 you are "starving" your body, you'll feel more tired and fatigue. For example I put in all my info at lightly active and it came up with 1590 to lose 2 lbs per week and it actually has been working(I've lost 13lbs in 5 weeks) but to reach my short term goal of 40 more lbs by 1.1.12. I just changed down to 1200 which would be just at 3lbs per week.

Everyone is different! I would burn alot more calories to run a mile compared to someone who is 120lbs because my body has to work harder. remember its about loosing weight the healthy way so it stays off!

I hope that makes since!
    Good luck =)
  • juliedumont
    Options
    thank you guys!!! you helped me out alot!! makes total sense :) i am forcing myself to try and reach 1200 calories :s today has been my highest with 1068... lol i'm getting there... it's trying to get out of this mind set i'm in and that "eating healthy" is benefiting me more than harming.. which is how i have been feeling!!...