Failing

Options
lisahumbert22
lisahumbert22 Posts: 2 Member
edited October 2022 in Motivation and Support
Been having the worst 3 months of my life! Gained back 11lbs and can't seem to get back on track. Feel like giving up but I know I can't. I have a new grandson I need to be healthy for and set a good example! Help!!!!

Replies

• ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear you are struggling...11 pounds of course sucks but believe me is definitely not as bad as it could be! I lost 68 pounds then gained back roughly 35😱 currently working on recovery for my binge eating using the Brain over Binge course by Kathryn Hansen...I have 2 months as of tomorrow and am feeling strong and capable...you can do this too!
  • Retroguy2000
    Retroguy2000 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I gained 9 pounds in mid summer, largely from having an obscene amount of chocolate (my favorite, which luckily is in another country). When my supply was depleted, again lucky I didn't use a larger suitcase when traveling, I was shocked at the scale. That was three months ago. I'm down 12.5 pounds since then.
  • pfritsch61
    pfritsch61 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling as well. I’ve gained 8 lbs @ have really been down on myself.

I think I’m coming to grips with knowing that my journey is life long. It’s not just about losing the weight; it’s about keeping it off & making real lifestyle changes…permanently.

It’s nice to hear from others who struggle as well. We are not alone!

We can do this! Hang in there!

For me, it’s one day at a time. I need to remember why I’m doing this—to be healthy so that I can continue to lead an active life & do all the things I want to do in my retirement.
  • gfjazz
    gfjazz Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    i AM ALWAYS STARTING OVER BUT THIS TIME SAW A PHOTO OF ME AND DECIDED I HAVE GOT TO DO SOMETHING 3 POUNDS SINCE SUNDAY INTERMINTED FASTING I HAVE ZWEO CLOTHES THAT FIT
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,527 Member
    Options
    Like going back to exercise, start back slow. Small steps make a difference.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png